Home | About | Donate

Americans Bracing for More War Under Trigger-Happy Trump

Americans Bracing for More War Under Trigger-Happy Trump

Lauren McCauley, staff writer

The American public is bracing for war now that President Donald Trump has seemingly stumbled upon "the keys to the family gun cabinet," as one observer put it, after a week of rash and aggressive military action.

The unprecedented use of a GBU-43/B Massive Ordnance Air Blast Bomb (MOAB), known as the 'mother of all bombs,' on Thursday was just the latest in a series of attacks by the U.S. in recent days, prompting demands for a Congressional debate on the use of military force.

The MOAB is a special purpose device. The only other way to take out that operating base was to send in troops and conduct hand to hand combat at who knows what cost. Not sure why empty wheel thinks the benefit was only in terms of the number of lives it took visa vie the cost of the bomb. It eliminated a base of operations, eliminated at least 36 terrorists, took out munitions, prevented harm to American troops (one was killed in this area last week), and with no more effort than kicking out the back of a plane. It should also be noted that the MK-8 wound not have done the job as far as collapsing those tunnels and mines.

The real problem is the Durand Line drawn by the British to "divide and conquer" the Pashtun, putting half the tribe's traditional homeland in Pakistan and half in Afghanistan.

No bombs are going to resolve that underlying problem. Diplomatic negotiations and a willingness to respect indigenous peoples' rights are the only solution.

As many people have noted, MOAB was sold for its psychological effects

In plain English dropping the MOAB was an act of terrorism.

Do you work for the Pentagon? This sounds like a press release. The situation is more complicated than how you describe it. The US has been bombing Afghanistan for 16 years and untold thousands have been killed by all sides. When will it be enough? When will the bombing and killing stop? Do you think the use of the MOAB is terrorism and will it have the effect desired by the Pentagon? Did the Pentagon use Afghanistan as a MOAB weapons testing and demonstration area in order to threaten other nations like North Korea? How does the Pentagon know that "only" 36 "terrorists" were killed in the caves and tunnels? Is the Pentagon a reliable source of information? How many animals and other innocent creatures were killed in that area? How many windows and eardrums were shattered within the blast area? Can you recognize "evil" when you see it? We all should be asking lots of questions.

If the US had minded its own business in this region there would be no terrorists. If you fuck with someone they will, naturally enough, try to fuck you back twice over. The US along with its Zionist 51st state has been fucking with and murdering the peoples of a vast swath stretching from the Levant to near and south Asia since 1948.

Now go away, mister fascist thug-troll.

It'd be funny if it weren't true...

"Each MOAB, or massive ordinance air blast—nicknamed the "mother of all bombs"—costs $16m out of a total program cost of $314m which produced about 20 of the bombs. Crunched down—and in the most cold-blooded terms—that means the U.S. military has expended some 5 percent of its stockpile of MOABs to kill three dozen ISIS members at a cost of almost $450,000 per individual.
In comparison, a typical, general-purpose 450kg (1,000lb) bomb like the MK-8 used in numerous airstrikes in Syria in Iraq costs about $12,000.",
Interesting that it should be reduced to a matter of economic
I guess it is ok under a capitalist system to bring up such a thing when people are dying.
But then again capitalists weight the costs against profits every hour, every day.

" It eliminated at least 36 terrorists."

1. How do you know that? Link please.
  2. Prevented harm to American troops?
    An acquaintance of mine was in Afghanistan, and according to him this will make it even more dangerous for our troops as this will be a great recruiting tool for terrorists.
  3. How many innocent civilians were possibly killed?
  4. Most of all, why has the US been in Afghanistan for so many years, with no end in site ?
    5.The U.S. can bomb the Afghans to pieces; but the U,S. will never, never bomb the Afghans to peace!

TRASH a/k/a TRUMP IS WAGING
PSYCHOLOGICAL WARFARE against all, especially the American people...
I think this is all what the Nazis did to the German people, as well..
it is to demoralize us...and hope we shut up..
hit us hard with bad news every day...
I think that we have to hit back with bigger numbers..every day...

If Trump does not terrify you, it can mean either you are a warmonger; a MICC war profiteer; or a brainwashed, apathetic, ignoramus!

When Trump said: "MY MILITARY" INSTEAD OF OUR MILITARY or the American military, that was a statement by an insane, mad man!

How long before we will see this headline?

NUCLEAR BOMB DROPPED ON...you fill in the country.

True.It is never called terrorism when we do it, even though America: " is the greatest purveyor of violence in the world" like MLK jr. said in his Vietnam speech.

From the news I read this morning on MSN, it could very well be "the United States" in that blank by North Korea. That leader is talking about a possible pre-emptive strike if it comes to that.

It's probably more accurate to say Zionist 1st state when you see what budget items get cut and what items are untouchable.

Peace.
ths.

American politicians need to be focusing on our infrastructure, making it easier for people to have gainful employment, making it easier for a person to get a college education without going into massive debt and making sure everyone can get decent health care - not health insurance. Our leaders have established us as the police power of the world and have thereby made it more dangerous for americans at home and abroad. We need to get out of the international war business and get into running a nation as a worthwhile place to live and grow.

Given all of that, I do think that our nation needs to join with other nations to deal with North Korea. This appears to be one of the most serious threats to South Korea, Japan and even to the US. While I cannot believe most of what the MSM says, I think it is a serious issue that needs the focus of the world community.

Please someone tell me these are the actions of an Empire in serious decline; and this will all be over soon.

How many babies, babies, little babies, terrible...were killed or terrorized. Not to mention 59 Tomahawk missiles (1.4-2.5 million dollars, acquisition, maintenance, transport, etc., per) to hit an airfield in Syria which the Syrians and Russians had up and running again within 48 hours. More American taxpayer money gone FOREVER.

Excellent rebuttal!

It is. It won't...

Hide Your Wives and Daughters