Home | About | Donate

Americans Bracing for More War Under Trigger-Happy Trump

Since Trump seems to have no strategy or even goal it is hard to judge whether any of these recent military actions make sense or not. They seem to be actions for own sake, or more probably actions for purely political purposes. Is Trump capable of articulating a strategy for the Middle East, Afghanistan, or anywhere? Probably not. It is like suddenly putting a clerk at the head of General Motors and expecting good things to happen. Like a clerk who knows nothing about manufacturing cars Trump knows nothing about foreign policy. I would say so far the overall effect of what he has done is to make it easier for jihadists to convince Muslims that the US is waging a war on Islam, which means Trump is undermining US interests with regard to jihadists.

2 Likes

No, I’m retired but informed news junkie. There is a lot of info that has been published. No, there wasn’t civilian causalities according to the Afganistan govt. 36 was also their minimum estimate. The special use came from our own military. Using the mines that were took over by ISIL was a storyline in the BBC. Yumzer - question for you… The Coptic church massacre, tell me who were those Christians messing with to deserve that.

[quote=“johnnybr, post:23, topic:40763”]
No, there wasn’t civilian causalities according to the Afganistan govt. 36 was also their minimum estimate.
[/quote] The problem is that it is well known that governments very frequently lie about war and the number of people they kill. I highly doubt that there were no civilians in the area and there were likely people there who had been forced to help the ISIS group in their caves and tunnels. They could not support themselves without assistance of local civilians.

4 Likes

Another problem with your line of thinking that many posters here are identifying is escalation of the conflict with bigger and deadlier weapons. What would keep the Pentagon from using nuclear weapons to take out deeper tunnels and save US military lives from having to fight by hand? There appears to be no end in sight to the madness that is this war.

5 Likes

DT may not have noticed, different from our usual targets, N Korera has some capacity to fire back, unlike Iraq Libya Yugoslavia etc etc.

4 Likes

Trump has radical changes on his mind, including transforming this country into a dictatorship. For that he needs the support of the country’s most powerful force of violence, the military.
That is why he has upped the “defense” budget by 54 billion and is now listening to the hawks on using the MOAB against Afghanistan.
The Military industrial complex is aware of his ambitions and is using it to its advantage.

3 Likes

When approval ratings go this low for an unpopular President, typical-Plan-B recommends to start a war and rally the country 'round the flag. All current attention will shift from Russia-gate, Flynn-gate, emoluments-clause-impeachment-plans, and executive incompetence-to the Asian theater of operations.

Trump made the threat that he just might use NUKES AGAINST NORTH KOREA.

DR. John D. Gartner, psychological expert diagnosed Trump with classic signs of “malignant narcissism.”

“Narcissism impairs his ability to see reality,”

The time has come to say it: there is something psychologically wrong with the President.

Top psychotherapist affiliated with the esteemed Johns Hopkins University Medical School said Trump "is dangerously mentally ill and temperamentally incapable of being president.”

Trump also just said that "THE UNITED STATES HAS TO START WINNING WARS AGAIN.

PEOPLE ARE BEGINNING TO GET VERY WORRIED THAT TRUMP WILL DO SOMETHING THAT WILL TRIGGER A WORLD WIDE NUCLEAR WAR.

4 Likes

Now the question is: What can people do to stop Trump before it’s too late? He’s cutting off any communication from the populace to the White House, the pockets of protest around the country will be ignored because the M$M doesn’t focus on them. How do we get this narcissist to realize that his actions have consequences?

2 Likes

“It eliminated a base of operations, eliminated at least 36 terrorists, took out munitions, prevented harm to American troops…”

How many more terrorists does the U.S. have to eliminate before terrorism is defeated?

4 Likes

In The Art of the Deal, Donald Trump told everyone he was Swedish- but it turns out his grandparents, the Drumpfs, were pure German. Now he is morphing into The King of Prussia. Only Congress has the power to assert its War Powers rights (and control of the purse strings), and he is surrounded by a pack of Republican sycophants. They would have us believe the Dems are the big spenders, and they are the conservative ones, but one thing Trump never promised (like the glib Obama) was to balance the budget. And it looks like he believes in an open checkbook for the military-industrial complex, which will skyrocket the deficit and torpedo the economy a la LBJ’s Vuet Nam debacle.
If your congressman does not step up o the plate to oppose this very soon, let him (or her) know unequivocally that their party will; be over at the next mid-term election.
P.S.: One of Trump’s heroes, Old Hickory, for all of his military fervor, called at all times for balancing the budget, and kept his word. Make Trump do likewise.

3 Likes

Though the Pentagon claimed that there were no civilian casualties in Afghanistan…

It is impossible that the MOAB bomb didn’t kill any civilians. The MOAB bomb is a concussion bomb that covers an area of about one square mile. The “official” comment is so ignorant that it just shows how stupid they think the people are. And by the way, how many people suffered serious injuries like permanent hearing loss by these dick-measuring assholes?

Liars … all liars and murderers!

3 Likes

Congress is supposed to be one of the three branches of the federal government. And we all are represented by two senators and one representative. We have some potential clout with members of Congress, we need to use that potential. The repeal of the Affordable Care Act was stopped so maybe we are doing something right these days.

We can blame Trump all we want. Congress is ultimately to blame. The constitution gives no governmental body any such authority, except for congress. They abdicated their constitutional authority decades ago. They could, if they had any balls, reclaim their authority but I don’t see that happening with this emotionally and psychologically immature bunch currently in office. They prefer real wars to their video games – much more stimulating.

5 Likes

I don’t know the facts but if this a relatively remote region I could see where it is possible that civilians were not killed. I would hope that the military would not have used this bomb in an area with civilians present. There have been too many reports recently of civilians being killed by the US military and even Syrian fighters who we are backing. This should raise serous moral questions about what the US is doing militarily now that Trump is president.

Please watch this and forward it as widely as possible.
Thank you
/www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fy0bT4FK9c

1 Like

Please watch this and forward it as widely as possible.
Thank you.
/www.youtube.com/watch?v=1fy0bT4FK9c

As a Vietnam Vet, I’ve noticed, with much dismay, how there seems to be a direct correlation between this country’s propensity for hostile action and its increasing reliance on but a relative few who actually serve in harms way. To put it another way, if our leaders have never themselves experienced armed conflict, then its much easier to consider the military as somewhat of a tool, a toy, much like one would employ pieces on a board game. This really comes to light when Trump refers to “my” military. Bush and Cheney were much the same way, both having been draft-dodgers with no real world wartime experience. I’m not saying this applies in 100% of cases, as Obama was certainly judicious and deliberative in how he used the military. But Obama was an adult, not a reckless cowboy.

3 Likes

“War is organised murder, and nothing else.”

Harry Patch

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/the-last-of-the-noblest-generation-1761467.html

2 Likes

It cost us taxpayers $16,000,000 to kill 36 terrorists.

That means it cost us $444,444.00 to kill each one.

Someone is getting really, really rich as a result of Trump’s waring ways, and it ain’t ‘Us.’

Follow the money.

1 Like

Thank you for your service Lawrence.

Have the veterans organized to officially condemn Trumps reckless disregard for the lives of, well, the 7 billion people of the Earth that don’t have a nuclear proof bunker to hide in for years?

1 Like