Home | About | Donate

America's Never-Ending War in Afghanistan

America's Never-Ending War in Afghanistan

Ann Jones

Ten months ago, on December 28, 2014, a ceremony in Kabul officially marked the conclusion of America’s very long war in Afghanistan. President Obama called that day “a milestone for our country.” After more than 13 years, he said, “our combat mission in Afghanistan is ending, and the longest war in American history is coming to a responsible conclusion.”

Bernie Sanders, Common Dreams' pet liberal sparkle pony, is in favor of keeping this endless war going:

I imagine he's in favor of keeping our other umpteen wars going as well.

On the biggest question of all, WAR, Sanders is no different than Hillary or the Republicans.

Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Perhaps the USA should arm the women of Afghanistan.

Just for some perspective and given it often said a picture worth a thousand words here are some photographs of Afghanistan in the 1960's. This before the collapse of the USSR and the decision by the Government of the United States of America to meddle in this region.

Since that time the "Warfare State" has infiltrated every facet of the Afghan peoples lives.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I agree, the minerals are the grand game, as China is in on the minerals wealth scenario as well, not just the US.

Bernie Sanders (that BS candidate) will let that war go on as long as he's in office, so will Killary Rotten Clinton. They're too much like the Republican candidates. Politicians shouldn't start wars just because they can't handle the economy. No foreign nation will start a war with the US because it has a leader that can't handle the economy. Since WWII ended, the US never ended wars it started if it won. If the 18th century were technologically advanced, the American Revolution might go on forever.

I agree. The proof is this: the democratic party is just, if not more corrupt than the Republican party because they are very,very clever at being not the opposition party, but the fake opposition party in terms of US foreign policy. And do you really think Bernie would be allowed to run for POTUS on their ticket, if he disagreed with the dems. foreign policy?