Home | About | Donate

America's Real War: A Political 100-Year Flood

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2019/08/02/americas-real-war-political-100-year-flood

2 Likes

That was one of the best articles I’ve read in Common Dreams. There was so many jaw dropping pieces of info in there. A real testament to how little of real American history we are exposed to in school. It’s all covered up.

It’s also amazing how little things really change. People thinking that Trump is some new aberration are wrong. He’s just the latest in a long line of ruling class flunkies.

6 Likes

Yes. More articles from Adam Hochschild. A lot more. He is a thinker and essayist of great quality.

4 Likes

I came to the comments ready to post exactly what you said! And I also hope we hear more from Mr Hochschild… I though I was well versed in history but he puts the needed flow together brilliantly.

5 Likes

“The long historical memory is the most radical idea.”
–Utah Phillipps

3 Likes

I ordered several of his books after reading that article. Reader comments about his books were all of the same kind of reactions that many of us had from reading the article. He’s new to me and I feel it’s an excellent discovery. Appreciate that CD ran his essay.

2 Likes