Home | About | Donate

Amid Extreme Anti-Refugee Push, Trump Displays Neither Interest Nor Knowledge of Asylum Seekers' Plight in Oval Office Meeting

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/07/19/amid-extreme-anti-refugee-push-trump-displays-neither-interest-nor-knowledge-asylum

Guess all those years he was a regular on the lolita express he was really only trying to combat sex trafficking.

7 Likes

Trump to Mulvaney: How did all these brown people get in my office, MY OFFICE?. Don’t let it happen again, or you’re fired. And how did she get a Nobel peace prize before me, call the “Nobel company” and tell them I deserve one.

11 Likes

If President Chaos ever figures out that the Nobel Peace Prize is a PEACE prize, he’ll say it’s worthless.

4 Likes

After the meeting, Trump called Ivanka: “picture this, Baby, Trump Tower Rohinga.”

“It’s near Burma, which is somewhere near Bermuda.”

“Talk to Jared, let’s move forward…golf…spa…classy…labor pool looks yuge, and desperate.”

“Okay, gotta run, massage time.”

3 Likes

Who knew Ivanka was the smart one?

3 Likes

Why is anyone even trying to talk to a person who is sitting down with his back to everyone else who is standing up behind him?! Just this alone shows his utter disinterest. They should have just ignored him and spoke directly to the camera.

6 Likes

Are you suggesting that trumpenstein is a sponge? Always self-absorbed?

2 Likes

SpongeDon SquareMouth.

2 Likes

“Donald Trump cares about combating sex trafficking.” That’s quite true. He does care. Nobody said which way.

Trump’s modeling agency brought a great number of beautiful Eastern European teenage girls over to Manhattan to put on outfits and shake it on the catwalk. Melania Trump was once one of these teenage models. (Wife #1 Ivana Trump also worked as a model. Wife #2 Marla Maples was a beauty queen. Hope Hicks was previously a model.)

Were the beautiful teens who danced with Donald Trump in a recent video ever trafficked to Jeffrey Epstein?

2 Likes

The average integrity, courage and compassion in this room plummeted as soon as Trump made his entrance. Trump diminishes all of them and uses these photo-ops not to hear those persons stories but to burnish his own. It an opportunity from him to stoke his ego and to ensure that no matter another persons tragedy or life story, it is always about Donald Trump.

He is a parasite.

6 Likes

A really good book to read on the Roma is Bury Me Standing,: The Gypsies and Their Journey, , Isabel Fonseca. I recall the Roma people as a girl living in Southern Italy. They were very poor and lived on the outskirts of town and did not seem to be a part of the wider community. Having originated in Northern India they are a nomadic peoples that claim no particular land as homeland which has always fascinated me as so many of us identify with the land on which we live. Their music is incredible.

4 Likes

Unquestionably. Then there is his chief enabler, southern racist McConnell, a truly horrific individual whose agenda is the “loosing” South’s agenda to destroy the Union. The only thing I find interesting about him is his Asian wife. These two, along with the other usual suspects including those fomenting the same chaos overseas (posted video below because of their influence elsewhere) make this the most horrific administration ever in the US. I will vote against him because this is an emergency–from climate and ecological crisis, the threat of nuclear war, his vicious ignorance and bigotry are more than enough reason to get him out. I cannot fathom another 4 years with this cretin.

1 Like

Once again the fascists prove what cowards they are, always going after the most vulnerable in society.
The photos at the end of the 3 fascist amigo’s, do doubt has emboldened Italy’s leadership.
Thanks for the link.

2 Likes

I had not known that the Gypsies had a history in Canada until my mother related an incident to me that happened when during the depression. She must have been 6 of 7 at the time but recounted one day her saying “The Gypsy wagon coming down the hill” to visit their farm. This piqued my curiosity and she told me that they used to roam the Prairies of Canada going farm to farm with horse drawn wagon sin which the entire family would live , and made their living selling pots and pans and things like hammers and saws to farmers in exchange for food or clothing. There was little in the way of hard cash floating around so it was all barter.

In any case on this visit my Mother related how her own mother spoke to them in their own language (grandma grew up in East Europe) and then gave them some bacon, bread and cheese for nothing in return. Mom recalls how she complained that “The Gypsies got bacon while we only get it once a week” or some such and her mother rapping her knuckles and calling her a “selfish little girl” in Polish pointing out that while she ate three times a day those Gyspy children had not had any food in three.

I too was always fascinated by that “roaming” lifestyle.

3 Likes

Perfect Gandolf! SpongeDon SquareMouth. Just one minor revision…how about SpongeJob LoudMouth? They can hang thane among all of the historical pictures of past presidents. The picture in the diaper with his widdle rattlepoo would be ideal.

1 Like

Tre fascisti, tre mostri ma una faccia.

Looking at Mussolini’s face I was struck by just how much he and Trump resemble one another.

1 Like

Thanks for the story! I like your grandmother’s spirit and you obviously have her compassion and understanding. When I lived in Manhattan I discovered that the Roma also lived here too. A hard city in which to live in poverty. They have an oral tradition which makes for acute listening skills and maybe this explains their music. Check out this documentary if you missed it:

I’m no defender of Trump but at least he was meeting with these people. It’s important to recognize even small acts of compassion in others so that we do not become hateful and angry towards those we dislike. Isn’t hate and ignorance the real enemy of us all?

He was forced to take this photo op. He displayed zero compassion or interest. It was a sick display frankly. I cannot see anything to give him the slightest credit for except by accident once again his sadistic narcissism was revealed for all to see… It must have felt just horrible for these people to have their horror stories carelessly thrown on the heap that is yesterday’s trash by the orange cretin…

3 Likes