Home | About | Donate

Amid Finger Pointing at Russia, US Brings Tanks Back to Cold War Depot

Amid Finger Pointing at Russia, US Brings Tanks Back to Cold War Depot

Andrea Germanos, staff writer

As President Barack Obama vows that the United States will take "action" in response to the allegations that Russia interfered with the November election, the U.S. army has started to bring tanks back to a Cold War site in the Netherlands as a show of its "commitment to deterrence in Europe."

Our Footprint empirePie December 15th, 2016

que sera sera
the future is trump’s to concede
In the land of
towering deceit that falls into it’s own footprint
that of our conceit
as consent is bought with our silence
and the digits of selfies
double up on the chin
with another empire win;
a ‘death star’ of mushroom cloud diplomacy
the future of, .. one naught naught one
digital bliss

The future is ours to see
carbonized in the flash
carbonized in the flesh
que sera sera

Never bring a knife (tank) to a gun (nuke) fight...

As President Barack Obama vows that the United States will take "action" in response to the allegations that Russia interfered with the November election, the U.S. army has started to bring tanks back to a Cold War site in the Netherlands as a show of its "commitment to deterrence in Europe." - Andrea Germanos

Another homage to the god of war by our Nobel Peace Prize winning President.

Ah yes, I knew you would once again get to the Zionists behind it all. It makes analysis easier.

I wonder if those tanks are fitted with special email-piercing rounds?
If not, this is a great new business opportunity for all of you war profiteers out there.

Well, TPTB will have to come up with a lot more than 'trust us' on this lame excuse for ramping up aggression against Russia. To the tune of over $3 billion that somehow congress had no trouble finding and allocating. For Obama to come out with this now is ludicrous bluster. Apparently he has yet to realize that what he thinks is now irrelevant. Trump has other, saner plans with respect to Russia. This and his stance on TPP are the only good likely to come from an otherwise abhorrent president. And watch TPTB twirl!

This reminds me of the hysterical build up to the Iraqi offensive war by the Bush Administration. WMD's? Babies incubating crimes in Kuwait? Powell lying at the U.N?

The Russians love Trump, but I have so far seen no definitive proof that they hacked the election in order to elect Trump, and I would argue, even if they did, it may have been a good thing because in my opinion, HRC was not on friendly terms with Putin and even with Trumps plethora of faults, at least we may have averted a nuclear war with Russia.

The Democrats need someone to blame rather than themselves for the election of Trump. More deeply this is about the crumbling of the stories underlying western civilization particularly that of capitalism.
The US has under the surface (less so now) a fanatical (the American dream and the invisible hand, profit as virtue) quasi religious way of seeing the world. They are the "good" those that challenge this world view are the "bad" and need to be brought in to line or punished. The country sees itself as the white or golden city, the utopian city on the hill. Sort of an American Valhalla populated by true believers.
Religious intolerance has always needed an enemy to blame and this meme or projection on the Other as evil/bad is increasing worldwide as fascism grows due to the breakdown of western civilization particularly the stories that support it and the retrenching of frightened humanity into more conservative stories that usually blame the other for problems. This will draw us away from doing what needs to be done to get ready for the collapse that is coming.
After the end of the Roman empire AD 400 or so there was chaos for 700 years until the new stories of Christianity took hold and society solidified around them. Then Christianity went through the same process as we went in to our "modern" age. Our humanistic stories of freedom, justice and democracy, of human progress to some final utopian state are now breaking down and chaos in a variety of forms looms large.
This cycle of the birth and death of ways of seeing the world or paradigms has been about the evolution of human consciousness over time from hunter gatherers to the present day. Fortunately or unfortunately we live in the time of endings once again.
The use of the invisible wires of control/the maufacturing of consent through propaganda in the media, from politicians, corporations and other institutions is now becoming less invisible to some as the effort to maintain the stories that keep us under control and maintain the illusion of control goes in to high gear.

Yet again Andrea Germanos is creating the very hysteria she is claiming to fight. The very first sentence combines tanks with electronic warfare. It looks as though Obama responds with tanks to Russian hacking!

After Kissinger and Obama is there any respect remaining for the Nobel Peace Prize.

Calling Dr. Strangelove! calling Dr. Strangelove!

Ach, but vait . . . he is already here . . . or there, as he's been allllll along.

Ja!

Trump has had nothing but war mongering comments against Iran. Take the oil Trump + Tillerson means war for oil.

I agree that Deep State players apparently are split. Some favored Trump, some Clinton.

The war drums are pounded loudest here at CD. Good thing we elected a man of peace.

Just what the world needs. Pomposity.

Progressives for Trump.

LOL! And you were asking me for examples of your name calling and baseless, left-bashing propaganda.

If you think the neoliberal crew will go out graciously, think again. This is just ugly, ginned up stuff.

Let's not forget, Ms. Clinton cheated Bernie Sanders out of a chance to be President and inserted herself into the general election. She and her husband also helped to destroy the important relationship between the working class and the Democratic Party. There is little sympathy for her except for within her own dwindling bubble. Good riddance.

I must have missed some of the news. Seriously -- what are people talking about here? This gets stranger every few hours. I read numerous times that officials (CIA, etc.) disputed the claim that it was Russia that hacked into the Clinton email server, and this article states otherwise.

How did Russia (or anyone else) "interfere" with the election? Admittedly, I was surprised by the irresponsibility of the Clinton camp in failing to secure their server. Regardless, I came across numerous reports stating that Obama disputed that Russia did the hacking, and disputed that this had any impact on the election.

So -- How did hacking into the email server have ANY impact on the election results?

Everyone's fine with the working class. It's just that we despise them once they get pushed out of the job market.