Home | About | Donate

Amid New Claims, Calls Intensify for Declassifying Saudi Chapter of 9/11 Report

Amid New Claims, Calls Intensify for Declassifying Saudi Chapter of 9/11 Report

Following developments this week in which the alleged 20th hijacker of the 9/11 attacks in 2001 gave a stated deposition and claimed that prominent officials within the Saudi government offered substantial financial support for al Qaeda in the years prior to the plot against targets in New York City and Washington, D.C., renewed calls are emerging for the U.S.

Thank you for continuing to cover the most important story of the century. I am convinced there is a "direct line" between the government of Saudi Arabia and the Project for the New American Century.

I've just looked over MSNBC, ABC News, Fox News, CBS News, and CNN. So far, it appears that no one else is covering this story.

mcp

What a feat of misdirection ! Even though it was known, right after the attack of 9/11, that it was conducted by Saudi Nationals, somehow Bush and his cronies managed to deflect blame to Iraq, a country that had nothing to do with it. Worse still, all of this is now acknowledged as fact. Yet the whole thing is viewed as some sort of "mistake". Excuse me, but "misinformed" doesn't begin to cover it.

But even if the truth came out, who would believe it. and what would they do about it. Even today I overheard a couple of people in deep debate about how there exists "out there" - yes those were her words - people who keep challenging what's being reported in the press.

So between that attitude, the total dominance of the MSM over what's reported and what it means, and the prevalence of real or manufactured distraction, what chance is there that these revelations will have a transformative effect.

For a long while I've been supporting and keeping up with this site: 28pages dot org

(Can't figure out new CD linking policy...)

"Clearly there cannot be any truth to the allegation that any Saudis played a role in 9/11. Because if there were, so many people knew about it that this story would have come out in the news years ago."

This is the (il)logic used for a long time by very many "skeptics" to "disprove" various "conspiracy theories", regardless of any factual evidence that gives them merit. Arianna Huffington once said she despised 9/11 "truthers" - hardly a reaction to any facts on the matter. None so blind...

One more thing to add. On page 172 of the official report of the 9/11 Commission, is this inexplicable statement:

"To date, the U.S. government has not been able to determine the origin of the money used for the 9/11 attacks. Ultimately the question is of little practical significance."

In other words, in this official investigation the Commission simply saw no need to "follow the money" and figure out who funded the 9/11 attacks? As in, "What would be the point of that? To find out who was actually behind it? Like the Saudis, and the sponsors of Sivan Kurzberg and the Urban Moving Systems gang?"

How could such an obviously false and unfathomable statement pass the laugh test in such a high-profile report? To me it epitomizes the lack of integrity (to put it mildly) of this entire bogus report, pure and simple.

strong text 9/11 was the biggest, most egregious, criminal lie of the century told to the American people! It is the real conspiracy theory! Told by a fascist U.S. Government.

14 years since this horrible tragedy....and still the people responsible for the cold blooded murders of 3,000 innocent people are still getting away with the lie of the century.

The fact that Bush, Cheney, Rumsfeld, Rice and other war criminals have not been indicted as the most evil of war criminals, tells you that we are all living in the REAL AXIS OF EVIL; THE AMERIKAN FASCIST EMPIRE!

We know it was the Saudis, and possibly the Israeli government that funded this. This must be very explosive and will will piss people off if they find out officially it's our "good friend, the Saudis." I still remember that picture of Dubya and one of the Saudi Royal Family walking through the bluebells holding hands.