Home | About | Donate

Amid Pandemic and Economic Pain, UNICEF Unveils First-Ever Project to Combat Child Suffering in US

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/08/12/amid-pandemic-and-economic-pain-unicef-unveils-first-ever-project-combat-child

Pitiful. Just PITIFUL!!

And leave Trump out of it. This “felt need” has been fully in evidence for as long as I can remember, which is closing in on 70 years. Since long before I was born, child suffering–and hunger in particular–have been rampant in this, the richest country in the world. Granted that millions of people in many nations have always faced food shortages. But today there are about 30 countries that are unequivocally rich enough to have every single person (also couples) exquisitely well fed with no more than a token effect on their offense (SIC) budgets. And the US of A, with an offense budget larger than larger than that of the next 9-10 nations COMBINED, is also near the bottom of those 30 developed countries in nearly every one of the categories recognized by UNICEF. And if that is not offensive–wordplay intended–I don’t know what is.

Pitiful also in that nine hours after this article was posted the readers at CD have all been so busy praising and/or damning Mr. Biden and/or his first appointee that there was not a single comment on this article, on one of the very topics upon which we claim to want to demonstrate that “another world IS possible.”

One more piece of evidence about our Failure-in-Chief.