Home | About | Donate

Amid Trump Failure to Get Pandemic Under Control, Canada Extends Border Closure With US

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/10/19/amid-trump-failure-get-pandemic-under-control-canada-extends-border-closure-us

3 Likes

There seems to be signs of intelligent life North of the border, good for them. They ought to extend it for at least six months. Maybe some dense United Statesians will wake up when they realize no one wants them. I just got a notice from the Vietnam visa agency, they aren’t letting any Americans in except for business; and that with a sponsor, testing and quarantine ; and a hefty fee.

8 Likes

“I hope Canada keeps the border closed until 2025,” tweeted Canadian television producer Emily Andras

Maybe Canada should consider building a wall.

9 Likes

And make the other side pay for it.

9 Likes

Not allowed into Europe either. (Along with other countries.)

4 Likes

Justin time?

3 Likes

A big beautiful wall.

5 Likes

Nah, make Mexico pay for it like they are paying for ours! Lol

3 Likes

If I were 50 years younger and not disabled, I’d be one of those six or seven a day asking to immigrate to Canada. Sure, they have problems with racism and environmental issues. But they also seem much more willing to dialog and reach consensus than the US ever did. Yeah, they did elect Harper and Mulroony, but other developed countries were going hard right at the same time. That border will never re-open if we have another civil war. Just to show that they believe in thinking, I’ve heard many programs discussing that very thing and how probable it is. None is so blind as the country that can’t see or admit it’s a failed state…

7 Likes

And no time toulouse.

2 Likes

Mi casa es tu casa.

I find it remarkable that the border closure is not even in the realm of consciousness among the Trumpists - there has been not a peep of indignation about it from them. You would think that at least some of those Midwestern Trumpists like to go hinting or fishing in those woods and lakes of Western Ontario. I really is a clinching demonstration of what is often said about USAns - that they are totally unaware that anything exists beyond their borders.

As for me, I’d like to visit my brother in Toronto, but I fully support their desire to keep the border closed.

4 Likes