Home | About | Donate

Amid Violence in Portland, Biden and Progressive Critics Emphasize That Continued Chaos Is Result of 'Trump's America'

Not illegal now that Trump and his fellow Republican Fascists are making the rules. Welcome to the Fourth Reich.

Trump does not accept law and order, neither domestic or international as a constraint on his actions. From Trump’s perspective, no one else counts! NO LAW, NO CONSTITUTION. No humane consideration has authority to constrain Trump and his fellow Amerikan, Fascists will. In his claims Trump surpasses that of… THE THIRD REICH!

To paraphrase Paul Craig Roberts.

2 Likes

Hair Furor, in this case, has nothing to do with it. Chemical and electric (taser) torture was deployed by U.S. police long before his arrival, as well as combat-military tactics against citizens. This is the handiwork of the Portland Police, not Federal officers. Both red and blue wings of the single American War and Plutocracy Party are equally complicit.

5 Likes

And they will cheer it all on to the bitter end.

4 Likes

I think the Trump Adm.'s disastrous domestic policies, initiatives and economic stumblings set it apart. And, the COVID-19 ongoing pandemic, a type of " state-sanctioned cleansing " and reorientation really takes prior Neo-Liberalism tendencies to a whole new state level. It’s now all good, all of it! Enjoy every sandwich, for sure! {snark }
A creeping and inevitable Fascism is now on the near horizon, just straight ahead. After that’s achieved, the sky is truly the only limit. Everyone gets pie, too. Ummm…apple, cherry or mud?
So it goes.

2 Likes

Well said Mr. West!

3 Likes

Sure, except that the current pattern is the pattern that has produced almost all the progress our country has seen. People protest, reactionaries violently attempt to suppress the protests, and the public, eventually, gets sick of the violence, sides with the protesters, and change occurs.

It would be nice if America could accomplish change without unnecessary violence, but we don’t seem to know how to do that.

2 Likes

…The greater majority of ‘us’ won’t be cheering, sorry…

Maybe not, but we have to admit that Trump certainly condones it and I would argue if Trump gets a second term, we have not seen anything yet!

1 Like

I specifically referred to the Trump supporters cheering it on in my comment as I responded to timebr. I’m sorry that you were unable comprehend that.

2 Likes

Trump’s America is an exercise in “Fear mongering” in order to remain in control.

Biden’s America, if it comes to pass, will be an exercise in "Status Quo NeoLiberal Politics Favoring the Wealthy and the Military Industrial Complex."

3 Likes

Perhaps, said sleeze ball decided to “take one for the team.”

1 Like

As Gandhi is reputed to have said
“Give me your Christ but keep your christians”.

3 Likes

They ( PPers ) were fighting over parking places earlier in the afternoon/evening. It’s " normal " in America to shoot someone over parking. In fact, it’s almost Un-American not to.
That would explain this unfortunate incident. Especially so, after they ( PPers ) were hard at work " rollin’ coal " all over the Willamette Valley on an otherwise beautiful late summer day.
" A Trump Man has just got to do what a Trump Man has to do. " Rollin’ coal and shootin’ folks.
Yea, that’s the ticket.

The clarity of Trump’s mission is easy for us to see, but difficult for those whose vision is blinded by their hatred which he has stoked.

2 Likes

More likely he was " elected ". Ever since the Cider Riot incidents, Joey Gibson has desperately wanted escalation. His trial needs to make Antifa seem the same as his Tiny Toes Ees led homophobic street thugs. Who’ve constantly come to PDX over the years looking to confront and kill our citizenry.

2 Likes

Christians and young Republicans sanctioning cold-blooded, in the middle of the street murder.

Folks, we have a lot of work to do to reverse this level of hatred.

1 Like

May 1970, after Nixon bombed Cambodia, escalating the Vietnam War, a whole generation of politically aware kids got their government sanctioned indoctrination to the caustic effects on the lungs of tear gas and pepper gas.

I was one, and I really believed once Nixon was removed, that we’d never again see that level of inhumanity leveled mostly at our youth again.

Boy, was I naive.

3 Likes

I participated in those protests, and fifty years later still bear a long scar in my hairline from a police truncheon for having done so. Cops are g.d. sadistic bastards.

6 Likes

I don’t think they have that many years Phred.

We have a better chance of success getting a job at Boeing or becoming wealthy, than changing the system of corrupt capitalism. Sad.

2 Likes