Home | About | Donate

Amnesty International Marks Nakba Day With Palestinian Refugees' Testimonies Detailing 'Seven Decades of Misery'

Amnesty International Marks Nakba Day With Palestinian Refugees' Testimonies Detailing 'Seven Decades of Misery'

Jessica Corbett, staff writer

On the eve of Nakba Day, which commemorates the mass displacement of Palestinians due to the creation of Israel in 1948, Amnesty International shared new testimonies from Palestinian refugees and urged people around the world to pressure the Israeli government to respect their right to return.

Imagine what the world would be like if greed and hate were turned into charity and love. Sprinkle the above with a heavy portion of Grace and enjoy Life as it was meant to be lived.

This maybe a bit corny and expected but…

2 Likes

“Let my people go”

2 Likes

The parasitic infection known as Zionism* continues to plague humanity. War with _________? Is Zionism involved? Gee, let’s go to Las Vegas and check the oddsmakers…

*Under no circumstances paint me as anti-Jewish, 'cause I ain’t.

From the article:

“In the meantime, Lebanese and Jordanian authorities must do everything in their power to minimize the suffering of Palestinian refugees by repealing discriminatory laws and removing obstacles blocking refugees’ access to employment and essential services.”

I wonder what accounts for the discrimination and obstacles? It can’t be because Lebanese and Jordanian authoriites have never heard the word “solidarity.” Maybe the US made them an offer they couldn’t refuse.

This article touches upon the root cause of the entire Palestine/Israel conflict.

Contrary to Zionism’s myths, “all” Jews, or even “most” Jews are NOT indigenous to Palestine.

This can be shown by their “right of return,” which exists for any Jew (even an American or European one who converted just yesterday, with no past ties to the region whatsoever), who by dint of yesterday’s conversion is deemed to be legally “returning” from an “absence” of over 2000 years.

What’s worse is that they claim this “right of return” trumps that of its real indigenous persons, many of whom still with the deeds and keys to the land from which they were displaced JUST 70 years ago.

Yet here in the US, it’s the Palestinian right of return that is actually deemed the “controversial” position.

Whatever one may think about the claim Palestinian Arabs may have to Palestine, the Zionist claim that any Jew (even an American or European one who converted just yesterday) has a GREATER right to the land than these indigenous peoples is the height of ludicrousness.

2 Likes

Being the loser in battle has consequences, just ask the Native Americans, the Spanish and Mexicans, the Palestinians, the Afghani’s, the Libyans, the Iraqi’s, the Syrians, the Japanese, and the Germans. Sounds like we are on a roll.
We have lost some of these and don’t even know it. As a people that’s sad.