Home | About | Donate

An E.Coli’s Last Message to President Obama

An E.Coli’s Last Message to President Obama

Ralph Nader

Deadly invisible pathogens are on the march. Ebola, and now the Zika virus, the ongoing cholera epidemics and the enormous casualties from tuberculosis, malaria and varieties of avian Influenza—all of these should be waking us up to the global spread of disease and the public health challenges when it comes to dealing with mutational virulence. Millions die every year. But the political leaders of nations don’t seem to respect the warnings from our scientists. Pandemic, the important book by Sonia Shah, is a jeremiad, and should spark policy makers’ public concern.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Ralph, Hillary/The Donald will solve all problems, not to worry.

Compared to the threat too big to fail banks and pathogens pose, terrorists are minor players. Too bad that chasing terrorists is so much more profitable than breaking up banks or fighting pathogens.

.. but the term is residuals.

Thank you, Mr. Nader for another brilliant analysis from one of the world's most outstanding thinkers and Public Citizens.

Mr. Nader; you gave us Dubya because of your ego. Please be quiet now.

The Supreme Court gave us Dubai, not Ralph.

They would not have if he had not run. Sorry.

Ralph is right as always. I'm amazed by his bredth of knowledge and the public service he does by bringing so many public issues to the forefront. When he ran for president he was the best candidate so I voted for him. If I had a chance for a do over, my vote would be for Nader again. I wish he was president now!

"This outbreak in Germany has been traced to food--location unknown. What is known to you is that invisible terrorism from bacterium and viruses take massively greater lives than the terrorism you are spending billions of dollars and armaments to stop in Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan".

The influenza pandemic of 1918-1919 killed more people than the Great War, known today as World War I (WWI), at somewhere between 20 and 40 million people. It has been cited as the most devastating epidemic in recorded world history. More people died of influenza in a single year than in four-years of the Black Death Bubonic Plague from 1347 to 1351. Known as "Spanish Flu" or "La Grippe" the influenza of 1918-1919 was a global disaster.
https://virus.stanford.edu/uda/
Smallpox killed an estimated 60 million Europeans, including five reigning European monarchs, in the 18th century alone. Up to 30% of those infected, including 80% of the children under 5 years of age, died from the disease, and one third of the survivors became blind.
Smallpox was responsible for an estimated 300–500 million deaths in the 20th century. As recently as 1967, the World Health Organization (WHO) estimated that 15 million people contracted the disease and that two million died in that year.

Spanish Flu (1918 - 1919):
the Spanish Flu pandemic killed more people than Hitler, nuclear weapons and all the terrorists of history combined.
There is no cure for the influenza virus, even today.

Black Death (1340 - 1771):
Killed 75 million people worldwide

Malaria (1600 - today):
Kills about 2 million people per year

AIDS (1981 - today):
Killed 25 million people worldwide

Cholera (1817 - today):
8 pandemics; hundreds of thousands killed worldwide

Typhus (430 BC? - today):
Killed 3 million people between 1918 and 1922 alone, and most of Napoleon's soldiers in Russia

All of this known historical tragedy that will most likely show up in A town or city near you-(only A matter of time) and these ignorant asses running our government continue to spend 50 cents on the dollar on these criminal wars- And yes Ralph, to double down on all of this, the widespread inoculation of animals for slaughter is making the strains more resistant to our medicines and weakening our immune systems at the same rate-
Medicare from cradle to grave with good preventable care and record keeping is such A no-brainer necessity if we are to survive, but Global warming will more than likely beat these idiots in Washington to the punch-

Thank you once again Ralph Nader for another futile attempt at convincing Mr. Obama to pull his head out of his arse-