Home | About | Donate

Another Backfire for Koch Brothers as Survey Shows Americans Actually Want Free College, $15 Minimum Wage, and Medicare for All

Another Backfire for Koch Brothers as Survey Shows Americans Actually Want Free College, $15 Minimum Wage, and Medicare for All

Jessica Corbett, staff writer

Delivering yet another blow to the billionaire Koch Brothers' right-wing agenda, a survey conducted by In Pursuit Of, the pair's public relations firm, found that the majority of Americans support policies such as free public college, a $15 hourly minimum wage, and government-run healthcare—policies which the brothers often fight against using their army of

“Facts have a well-known liberal bias.”
–Stephen Colbert

It would be richly ironic (pardon the pun) if the billions the Kochs and their ilk have poured into think tanks and endowed chairs proved to have been wasted—or, better yet, had the effect of popularizing policies they’ve selfishly fought against all their privileged lives.

The Koch Brothers are a dying breed.

Let it be done.

I’m not sure why this is news. The Koch Brothers have admitted in the past that their political agenda would not be popular. That is why AFP and ALEC, the two Koch Brothers organizations have been attempting to take over State Houses all across the nation. Through the use of gerrymandering, voter suppression, and reshaping the census, the Koch Brothers are seeking to capture 34 States and call a Constitutional Convention. At the convention they hope to implement the 13 justice amendments (google it) which would require a balanced budget and in the process destroy all social programs including Medicare, Medicaid, and Social Security. The Koch Brothers are playing the long game. They hope to enact their agenda in the face of overwhelming opposition. By 2040 8 States will contain 70% of the population. Thus, that means a State like Wyoming with 400,000 people will have the same Senatorial clout as California with 40 million people. Get enough of the Dixie States and the Midwestern States and it won’t matter what the majority wants. That’s the over all plan of the Kochs, Mercers, and others on the extreme right.

Pie in the Sky, by Joe Hill

G--------------------------------C--------------G
Long-haired preachers come out every night
G--------------------------------D
Try to tell you what’s wrong and what’s right

But when asked how 'bout something to eat

They will answer in voices oh so sweet

Chorus Type #1:
G D
You will eat [You will eat], bye and bye [bye and bye]
G
In that glorious land above the sky [Way up high]
G C
Work and pray [Work and pray], sleep on hay [sleep on hay]
G D G
You’ll get pie in the sky when you die

The actual title is “The Preacher and the Slave.”

Sorry we thought we had it done after Vietnam
But half of us sold out thru the 80s

Remember this is We Baby Boomers putting the screws to everything right now

The other half of us are wondering WTF made half of us so Heartless thru the years

I mean After that War, Really, you’re gonna Frickin sell out…

We really did a Cultural Shift with the Crosby Stills Nash & Young period only to watch people we knew turn into “Zombies R Me”.

Graduates of FU School of Ethics where Cash is the Only Goal is the basic curriculum

Trust me They Don’t Die and They Do Come Back

I’d love to see the same poll questions asked of the wealthiest 0.001% of Americans. I bet that these powerful people see things very differently: They’ve already got great private health care, excellent private schools and universities for their kids, and no need to work, let alone work for servant’s wages. Only the morally inferior need government assistance, right?

The ultra-rich would be more convincing when they claim there’s no money for free college, $15 minimum wage and Medi-Care for All and all that, IF they weren’t so wealthy because they were paying their employees high wages. I would believe them if they were in the poor house because they didn’t have much money left over after hiring everyone they could and paying them high wages. The fact that they don’t betrays their claim that “there’s no enough money.” People who have been believing these fat cats aren’t very smart.