Home | About | Donate

Anti-Democracy Forces on Trial as Voting Rights Fight Heats Up

I pray for strong ties between the activists in Selma and the folks of Wisconsin and every state in between and beyond. Love you Selma!! RIGHTS ON!

Le plus ca change, le plus c'est la meme chose...Jim Crow dies hard. The inherent mindset of those who exploited the African and other minority peoples for profit, and now view them with contempt, has not changed over the past century and a half. They will do anything they can get away with to remain in power and sequester the wealth of this nation, even if it means committing treason.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

As kindly old Uncle Joe (a fine old Georgia boy) said, "It's not who votes that counts, it's who counts the votes."
;-})

Yes, ol' Paul Weyrich and his " goo goo gov't " speech, I believe. You know, founder of ALEC, The Heritage Foundation, Scott Walker's Wisconsin God Daddy, Catholic Rockstar and Ronnie Raygun's nasty boy. " Oh Come All Ye Racists, Joyful and Triumphant, Oh Come Ye, Oh Come Ye Racists, to Bethleham. Come and Behold Him, Born The Kings of the KKK, today... Oh, Come Let Us Adore Him....." These good people of N. Carolina and The New South ( hah, that's a good one ) deserve better than this bunch of phony, hateful, sick Conservative Christians. Jim DeMint, anyone? To know your political friends, requires knowing your political enemies, as well. Founders and original board members of the Heritage Foundation: Chase Manhattan Bank, The Coors Family, Dow Chemical, General Motors, Pfizer, Sears and Mobil. Operating budget for 2013, $ 110,000,000 million and all of it is undisclosed, to boot. Hate and racism doesn't come on the cheap, even if it's anonymous and for god, home and country. Excuse me while I go puke.

Sometimes in my life I am confronted with something that seems to me to be incomprehensible, perhaps because the driving force behind it is “hate”. No words to mince here, that is exactly what it is,“HATE”. Again rearing it's ugly head in yet another form, hiding behind another lie,covering itself in politics, “HATE”. Perhaps that is the way to deal with it as directly as we can, to call it what it is, HATE. Then it cannot hide behind all it's terrible forms, it will be seen for what is, “Hate”.
“ HATE”, for someone being black, “HATE” for someone being gay, “HATE” for someone who believes in a region that their ignorance will not allow them to understand. “HATE”.
Ignorance, now there is a word that perhaps gives the only comprehensible reason for it.
For what other reason could it be, then they just don't understand, that what is at the core of their wanting to take some else s rights away, is their lack of understanding of what is the real problem is, “them”.
But here we go again fighting “them”, in their ignorance, in their fear, and in their self – righteousness,on another issue that should be no issue at all. Peoples constitutionally guaranteed right to vote!