Home | About | Donate

'Anyone But Elizabeth': With Bernie Out, Big-Dollar Biden Donors Aim to Nix Warren as VP Choice

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/04/30/anyone-elizabeth-bernie-out-big-dollar-biden-donors-aim-nix-warren-vp-choice

4 Likes

No left leaners allowed, only those who will further the conservative agenda.

12 Likes

Does anyone remember who was Michael Dukakis’ running mate? Me either.

2 Likes

Warren has too many strikes against her:

1. Knows what it’s like to be poor.
  2. Has defended social security.
  3. Too intelligent.
  4. Has consistently railed against Wall Street excesses and spoken for strong regulation.
    Biden will never select her. Do you really think the owners won’t get what they want?
    “This country was bought and sold and paid for a long time ago.” - George Carlin - “Voting is Meaningless”
12 Likes

She made her Faustian deal - and it failed

~https://i.imgur.com/DSy0sKl.jpg

9 Likes
  1. Stabbed Bernie Sanders in the back.
16 Likes

Lloyd Bentsen. Congressman from Texas. His most famous line being when he told Dan Quayle he was “no Jack Kennedy”

5 Likes

And as predicted, Elizabeth screwing Bernie’s campaign and selling out the progressives in the end achieved nothing to help her. She has outlived her usefulness and the “big club” don’t want anything to do with her anymore.

19 Likes

Yup, the dumb broad would be Bernie Sanders VP right now had she exited the race before Super Tuesday and endorsed him. But no, she had other intentions (although at this point I have no idea what the hell those could have been)

8 Likes

This may well be moot for a whole other and quite salient point: the governor of Massachusetts is a ReThug. Thus if Biden was to pick her as his running mate, and they were to get into the White House, her replacement would be picked by him. Be reminded that if Turtle McConnell is not removed from his current position as Senate Majority Leader, he has promised to continue doing his voodoo.

7 Likes

While I appreciate the spirit of this article, it’s not entirely correct. Both “Business Insider” and “Forbes” - two leading magazines of the business community ran articles on the fact that Elizabeth Warren has consistently polled ahead of all the other women being considered for VP. The articles even pointed out her strengths and how she would make up for Biden’s MANY weaknesses.

6 Likes

I don’t know either. Hell I don’t know what Bernie’s intentions have been being considering how he also in the end screwed over progressives.

4 Likes

Doesn’t matter who he picks, I am not voting for a rapist.

7 Likes

True. I would have liked to seen Bernie run as an independent instead of trying to crash the DNC party. But if that were his intention he would have done it in 2016.
Now, once again, progressives have no champion, and will spend this cycle on the outside looking in.

7 Likes

Well maybe it is time that instead of looking in with the usual abject horror/morbid fascination, we should try to come up with solutions outside our hopeless government.

6 Likes

Nobody was ever going to be stupider than Quayle but then Trump came along.

4 Likes

Biden serves those who own him – always has –

Establishment – OLIGARCHY – Elites/Royals

5 Likes

Yup, never say never

2 Likes

Just think…
If John McCain would have won, Sarah Palin would most likely be President right now…
And she is almost as incoherent when speaking as Joe Biden.

8 Likes

Uncle Joe is not likely to upset his Wall Street and Corporate Funders so his VP Nominee will not be Elizabeth Warren.

I can live with the other choices identified except Amy Klobachar.

3 Likes