Home | About | Donate

'Apartheid' Is the Only Word That Will Do: Artists Boycott Israel

'Apartheid' Is the Only Word That Will Do: Artists Boycott Israel

Declaring "the Palestinian catastrophe goes on" in the wake of “one of the cruellest and deadliest (years) in the history of the Occupation,” at least 800 U.K artists have announced a cultural boycott of Israel. Refining the model of the Sun City boycott of South African apartheid, the artists argue they cannot in good conscience practise what they consider "a celebration of humanity...in the face of horrifying inhumanity."

And not beforetime, either.

It would be nice if we could put pressure on the Adelsons of the world, too.

The rest of the world understands that Israel is slaughtering and oppressing Palestinians while stealing their land and resources. Here in the U.S. the media still has on blinders and the politicians are afraid of AIPAC. But even here the tide is slowly turning. How many more Palestinian kids does Israel have to kill before U.S. citizens finally catch on?

"'...to ignore that is to support the idea that....life and culture continue as normal, while bombs fall.' To date, no such concerted effort - while overdue and even more justified - by American artists."
I guess this means no concerted boycott of Israel by American artists. What I was thinking it really ought to have said was, "to ignore that is to support the idea that....life and culture continue as normal, while bombs fall." To date, no such concerted effort - while overdue and even more justified - against the USA for it's murderous and imperial actions worldwide."

Boycott McDucks, BigBucks Coffee, and Tom and Jerry's Ice Cream.

The first two are owned by Israelis and the first got caught putting fake meat in the burgers. The last has stores on stolen land in the occupied territories.

In a world running on so much money influence, I see this as one of the most
effective tools on so many fronts.

If one goes through our daily expenditures and really consciously diverts funds
away from the Murdoch's and the Chevron's and all the other KOCH's of the world, it should have an affect.

It may take a long time but apartheid did fail and Mandela was set free and elected.

https://boycottisraeltoday.wordpress.com/boycott-israel/

http://www.buycott.com/