Home | About | Donate

'Appalling Criminal Conduct': California GOP Accused of Operating Fake 'Official' Ballot Drop Boxes

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/10/12/appalling-criminal-conduct-california-gop-accused-operating-fake-official-ballot

6 Likes

At least surveillance of said boxes and their pickup activities should land a few folks in San Quentin. You don’t have to be bright to be a Republican. “Here’s your card.”

23 Likes

Everyone is shocked that the GOP is engaging in appalling criminal behavior.

But let’s remember the catechism: If the GOP does it, it’s not illegal.

13 Likes

“Republicans ARE the thugs” in this election, their crimes are so obviously blatant, and in broad daylight. Anyone, voting for ANY republican is complicit in these crimes. May they all step, barefoot, on a sharp, infected, rusty nail.

16 Likes

Yep. Theyz gonna be pickin’ up da soap in the shower, leastwize if Donnie don’t pick it up first. Cuz Murca’s a land o’ law’n’order dagnabbit, and them Boyz is crimnels.

6 Likes

Of course the GOP is engaged in election fraud and tampering.
And the “Freedom’s Way Baptist Church” is violating the separation of church and state and should have its tax-exempt status revoked.
It’s one of those anti-women, pro-greed Trump cult churches.

23 Likes

ALL churches should have their “tax-exempt status revoked”.

When I was working on local campaigns in California during the 1970s the organized crime syndicate disguised as the GOP serially engaged in illegal activities that enabled them to win many elections, after which the Democrats would sue the GOP, and the court would invariably fine the GOP. Unfortunately the election results were never overturned and the GOP continues to consider being fined for illegal activity part of the cost of getting elected and expanding fascism in the US.

As I have repeated for four years, we don’t have a Trump problem, we have a GOP problem.

22 Likes

Nobody of significance will be convicted of these illegal voter suppression/rigging activities in this beacon of democracy called the USA. Now it is being recommended that voters contact election officials to ensure that the drop box they want to use is official and valid, as if people are going to go to the trouble of doing that. Just another way of making voting complicated enough to discourage voting. The GOP is so corrupt they make the dems almost look better by comparison. This election is going to be a total shit show.

13 Likes

Not surprising, this is kind of behavior tRump and the Re-Rat-Fu*k-licans are noted for. Sociopaths in America and world wide do these kinds of things and much much worse all the time, like kill people for wealth and power and enslave their citizens to serve them. Are decent folk going to stand up and put a stop to it, not likely. It’s much easier to put our heads in the sand and pretend it couldn’t happen where we live.

7 Likes

In the article, Neal Kelley said “it is illegal and you can’t do that,” That has got to be the understatement of the year.

6 Likes

It’s not quite clear if the article is implicating the church, but based on the quote:

"The post said church officials don’t have a key to the box and that GOP officials pick up the ballots… "

I doubt anyone can be stupid enough to think it is OK for a state political party to collect ballots and so I expect the church is involved.

10 Likes

How about some arrests over this. If officials want to know who did what, treat it like drug crime suspects are treated. Charge them with as many trumped up charges as possible, until they finger the guilty involved, or take the rap themselves with extremely long sentences. Knowing repug’s, I’m betting local officials would know the truth and who to charge for the crime 5 min. after this tactic was used.

6 Likes

This sounds like the perfect setup for a sting. All the California Secretary of State’s office needs to do is locate these illegal boxes, then have staff members drop a blank “ballot” containing a tiny GPS tracking device into each of them.

13 Likes

I like the way you think.

5 Likes

Studying your quarry’s behavior is key to a successful hunt.

5 Likes

proving one more time that the Republicans are nothing more than a criminal organization posing as a political party

12 Likes

Yes, what more proof does one need?

4 Likes

They have been telegraphing behavior for decades. It is time for the successful hunt!

5 Likes

Remembering teams I used to play on would forfeit the game if the cheating was egregious enough. Disqualifying all Republicans on the ballot should teach them to play fair…

3 Likes

Well, repugs had to prove drumpf’s lie that the election is rigged and there’s voter fraud somehow.

3 Likes