Home | About | Donate

Applause as AOC, Porter, Pressley, and Tlaib Head to House Financial Services Committee

Applause as AOC, Porter, Pressley, and Tlaib Head to House Financial Services Committee

Jessica Corbett, staff writer

Following outrage last week after Democratic House Speaker Nancy Pelosi shut out progressives from some of the chamber's most powerful committees, news that freshmen Reps. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (D-N.Y.), Katie Porter (D-Calif.), Ayanna Pressley (D-Mass.), and Rashida Tlaib (D-Mich.) are headed to the Financial Services Committee was met with applause.

Lots of people are going to be put out of jobs with automation, including some that should be put out of a job like private prison workers and War on Drugs establishment. An Unconditional Universal Basic Income could make this more painless:

Project much? You just can’t stand good news.
" If the facts don’t fit my latest snit, then I could be a twit, and CD might find out I’m full of it. Oh my; hey folks, my line is " I accuse I accuse " but never " I acquit I acquit ". I couldn’t vote for Cordray, so Ohio now has Gov. DeWine; who’s like me, full of shit. "
BTW- R U aware of Cordray’s Federal position before running for Governor? Which committee he worked closely with? I know, you didn’t read the fine print, right?

1 Like

Well, if people have to live like that- I do not call that living. Better off dying.