Home | About | Donate

'Are You Afraid?': Kavanaugh Claims Innocence But Angrily and Repeatedly Refuses to Back Call for FBI Probe

'Are You Afraid?': Kavanaugh Claims Innocence But Angrily and Repeatedly Refuses to Back Call for FBI Probe

Jake Johnson, staff writer

After delivering a flailing, furious, and blatantly partisan opening statement before the Senate Judiciary Committee on Thursday, Trump Supreme Court Brett Kavanaugh repeatedly and angrily refused to express support for an FBI investigation into Dr. Christine Blasey Ford's sexual assault allegations or to encourage his friend Mark Judge to testify when given multiple opportunities to do so by three consecutive Democratic senators.

2 Likes

I do not think it smart to show so much anger disdain and hate if you are being accused of a hateful violent behavior.

12 Likes

Not to mention how entirely unfitting for one already addressed as “Your Honor” and wanting to be “Justice.”

2 Likes

There’s also the local police; no statute of limitations on sexual assault in Maryland.

3 Likes

True, but the Governor already has them under wraps.

Who said he was smart? (Besides himself, a known liar.)

1 Like

Brett Kavanaugh makes 12, Angry White Men.

1 Like

You’re not wrong Geez. Brett Kavanaugh has issues that a Supreme Court Justice must not.

2 Likes

Can his guilt be any more apparent? And yet, Republicans are going to stick with him. Ya just gotta love it!

I watched both interviews. With the Fox interview, I saw a very sad man playing the poor accused choir boy. His face was emotionless—and his words were peculiar, as he repeated the same ideas and sentences over and over. When his wife was asked a question. this was in a long shot when showed them both, . I saw Kananaugh turn and stare at her , and his body actually pulled back a bit. I also found it weird , as I know people in Maryland—I found it weird that in this interview he dropped the" ing “ending of words and said things like Goin” and Comin’…I found that odd language for a trained lawyer.

He offered nothing new and was playing “Poor sad me,” Except for some of his body language, he seemed to be a limp noodle with nothing except pretend piousness to offer.
His character in speaking to the Senate committee was also odd. Was he going to cry, or did he have a cold or does he have a coke habit? A long series of sniffles coming —until he was asked direct questions . He could not control the narrative and seemed to lash out, could not answer a yes or no question, and was rude to both men and women in the Senate too.

I found to quite extraordinary that he seemed often abusive-------I wonder what he is like at home if he is crossed—but he was equally rude to men and women of the Senate. I found it amazing that his anger spilled out so easily and that he refused even an appearance of civility and logic.
He was dismissive, and I do not believe anything he said about his high school yearbook notes. and what the code words meant. Apparently he kept repeating that 65 fellow students supported him right away and so did Renate… I guess he doesn’t keep up with the news. He also used as evidence, ( like with Renate) things that had changed and were no longer true, i.e.regarding Renate, who was quite angry when she found the meaning of Renate. He did mention that he was happiest coaching his daughter’s basketball-----Great, he’s found a career that will play him happy--------------let him coach basketball forever. The court needs an actual Justice, not a mediocre man with anger management issues who, per the few notes we have seen of his past--------- is in reality an empty suit.

4 Likes

I took the better part of the day and watched Dr. Ford’s opening remarks/questioning and Brett Kavenaugh’s remarks. By being thoughtful and articulate, Dr. Ford painted a clear picture of events that were hard to dispute. Brett Kavenaugh was evasive, rambling and intellectually sloppy. He couldn’t form a rational argument and his misogyny and deep seated angry for everything not redneck republican was clear. It was a new low in judical behavior and it illustrates that connections not talent is the way to move upward in the legal food chain. Brett Kavenaugh’s lack of talent isn’t unique for the establishment crowd. Institutions like Harvard, Yale, and Princeton are overrun with careerists who lack basic intellectual skills.

In this regard, Dr Ford’s testimony was remarkable in highlighting Kavenaugh’s hateful/misogynistic behavior and the intellectual/morally bankruptcy that lies at the heart of this country. I have no doubt that history will be kind to Dr. Ford whereas the best thing Kavenaugh can hope for is that history will forget him.

4 Likes

And just imagine what a few beers does to that anger level.

3 Likes

That’s cause the RePoopLickens running the show wouldn’t allow ANY witnesses other than the accused and accuser to be present.  OTOH, DamnocRat Diane Feinstein’s utter incompetence throughout this whole affair makes it abundantly clear that she should have resigned at least a decade ago.

The biggest problem for me is that Mark Judge’s statement was apparently signed by his lawyer – not Judge himself – which IMHO makes it about as valuable as the paper it was written on.  As a principal witness, why wasn’t he there to be questioned – and cross-examined – by both sides?

It’s not just the “Ivy League” schools.  I am embarrassed to admit that dishonest filth Lynne Cheney is (or was?) on the board of my Alma Mater The Colorado College, and don’t forget that ethically & morally bankrupt John Yoo, the Lying Son-of-a-Bush’s torture justifier emeritus, is teaching Law – LAW!! – at U.C. Berkeley . . .

1 Like

Lying to the FBI is a felony. Even the Justice and Trump know this. Do we hear the laughter of Kavanaugh/Trump planning to prevent a woman’s right to control her reproductive system including denial of some forms of birth control pills? Is this a way of insuring their sexual abuse produces product?

Dr. Ford testified to having only a single conversation with Feinstein, and it was a short one.

Yet some here have defended her actions.

They’re just running out the clock until their vote in two hours. No idea why it’s being televised, except to give Grassley a chance to read a refutation (provided to his addled brain and unreliable eyes by his staff) of each point made by a Democrat who hasn’t walked out of the room. That includes the letter from the Pres. of the American Bar Association asking for the FBI investigation (read into the record by Durbin). I’m disappointed that Klobuchar (now speaking) isn’t talking about Kavanaugh’s insulting questions to the Senators about their own drinking (the “you too” fallacy).

1 Like

“No recollection” doesn’t mean the events didn’t happen, it just means that these people don’t remember them.  Anyway, without proper cross-examination these statements aren’t worth the paper they’re written on.  The only way to settle the matter is to delay the vote (what’s the rush, anyway?) and subpœna eyewitness Mark Judge to testify under oath.

2 Likes

That’s what I was hoping too, until about two hours ago.  It now looks like there’ll be a delay of a few days, but unless Jeff Flake and the few half-decent Senators remaining in the ‘Poop-Lickin’ Party stick to their guns and demand a FULL investigation it’s likely that Tweetle-Dumb and Turtle-Face will succeed in destroying the last remnants of the Maginot Line defending us from the funny-dementalist “christian” nazis and their pollutocratic backers.