Home | About | Donate

Armistice Day First

Armistice Day First

John LaForge

It gets harder to commemorate World War I, because of time and the public’s embrace of, or indifference to, a permanent war economy.

About the Great War British novelist H.G. Wells wrote on August 14, 1914, “This is already the vastest war in history. … For this is now a war for peace. It aims straight at disarmament. It aims at a settlement that shall stop this sort of thing for ever. Every soldier who fights against Germany now is a crusader against war. This, the greatest of all wars, is not just another war -- it is the last war!”

War is not the answer, never was and never will be. Maybe we should change Veterans Day to World Peace Day! Think anyone would go for that? No can do? Are we so blind not to see the war propaganda all around us in our daily lives? Why are some people so proud to join the military? Are you all nuts? You are supporting the military’s lying and dehumanizing bullshit! So don’t sign up, don’t agree with their decrees,don’t let yourself be told what to do and how to do it by fake leaders! We can stop this endless war mentality by not supporting and not joining ANY military branch of our country! What a beautiful world it could be. Peace

"the Pope warned of a “piecemeal” World War III that may have already begun"

Wikipedia lists US military deployments in 150 countries. How is that not a world war?

When I think of piece, I think of a child’s view of war: all you have to do is not kill people. How could it be any simpler? Which sounds like a typical adult view of drug addiction. Wonder if anyone has ever reported on a psychiatric perspective of war as an addiction.

And it gets better.
Not only was her single vote cast against entering WWI, she was elected again in 1940, just in time to be the sole vote against entering WWII.
This is the type of person who should run today and get elected.
But unfortunately, the PAC ads today against her would be “She does not support our troops!” and she would unlikely be elected.

1 Like

I wasn’t sure what “armistice” actually meant. When I looked it up it came put in 2 pieces: In Latin >>>>
ARMI as weapons and " STITUM, in Latin — a stopping. So it’s stopping of weapons.
So that is a totally different meaning than Veterans Day. I would rather have WAR STOPPING, rather than remembering all the dead and maimed citizens and soldiers.
ARMISTICE is better.

1 Like

A profile in courage. We had our single vote against Iraqi Freedom and the Patriot Act. And like Senior says, don’t sign up, don’t buy into hate speak, don’t listen to war mongering. We have nothing to fear but the fear they try to dump on us.

1 Like