Home | About | Donate

As 18th Year of War in Afghanistan Begins, Sen. Warren Says: 'Long Past Time to Bring Our Troops Home'

Capitalism is war

And to sell weapons to make the industry FAT and WEALTHY!

Scott Horton interview on the subject:

Should have come home 17 years ago. The MIC is beyond control.

A score of mainly Saudi terrorists attacked our money center and our Pentagon, with a threat of attacking our Congress too

If that was the reason for the war then it would not have been possible for those plans to be made in the nineties by Paul Wolfowitz and the Project for the new American century. his plan laid out in written form was very detailed and described the US attacks in this manner, First Afghanistan, then Iraq, Then Syria, Then Iran. The reason was because they believed, as they put it, that Americas role should be to use their power, (military power), to shape the world in a way that suits Americas interests. He was a chief national security adviser to W, with Rumsfeld and Cheney also former members at the time.

What are we doing in any place fighting? "During that time, more than 2,000 brave US service members have been killed, over 20,000 wounded, and tens of thousands of civilians have died.
Look up facts.

When reviewing the death we see them stretch out over the years, the majority were after President Obama had the military attempt to end the war. Please review the actual facts of the goals of our military in the Middle East. Do not forget Syria and Iran, the Palestinian people and other nations in that area. An area in a state of unrest. Africa seems to play a role in this discussion.

We hire leaders to determine necessary action on many different subjects. We must learn to trust the judgement of those we place in positions of authority. Most of us do not understand what is actually happening.

One requirement is a trained standing military with officers and NCO’s (Our military backbone) with combat experience. Too loose one highly qualified NCO is a tragedy; however look at all of those highly skilled officers and NCOs who are supporting our military today.
(NCO: Non Commissioned Officers)

Another is to keep a larger disruption from occurring if we were not present. 11 servicemen died in 2015 and 1 in 2016, last record in report.

A study of all military deaths would prove that more service personnel died in training and other incidents.

By lumping all of the cost of 17 years of war into one large figure it is possible to create a story worth printing; however, it is not a realistic picture.

The United States can not withdraw from the world, had we joined England earlier, there would have been far less casualties during World War II.

We should make every effort to find the very best people to evaluate the different programs which are required for a large nation to survive. Our political system is in harms way, because of the loyalty to party and not to the nation, religious bigotry, racial strive and lack of education of a large group of citizens.

The natural consolidation of money in the hands of a few do not help and schemes need to be devised to remove the money from those with too much and shared with those who do not have.

The military needs a training ground somewhere; otherwise, we will be overrun by some other nation.

Quite often I read of the desire to remove our troops from the many places they are stationed; yet, hardly ever do I see an evaluation of the facts as to what they are doing on any true basis, just large numbers to look good.

star —

NO — Bragging by Brzezinski makes clear that US sent troops into Afghanistan 6 months
before the Russians entered Afghanistan, in order to bait the Russians into Afghanistan …
in hopes of giving them a Vietnam-type experience.

Of course, Pres. Jimmy Carter knew this – but he continued to pretend that it was a Russian
invasion and he further withdrew the US from the Russian Olympics rather than having all of
the US athletes wear black arm bands.

One of the reasons why I so frequently distrust Carter –

Also – the US/CIA – in order to create a more violent Islam and in order to frighten Americans
of Islamics, created – printed, designed, wrote the very Islamic text books which Afghanistani
children were seen on our TV’s reading from, robotically – chants of “Jihad” etc.

Taliban and Al Qaeda are inventions of US/CIA, funded through ISI Pakistan –
Al Qaeda was an ancient cult which had petered out – picked up by the Nazis - and turned over
to the CIA after WWII.

Here’s the info on that –

The CIA’s Intervention in Afghanistan
Interview with Zbigniew Brzezinski,
President Jimmy Carter’s National Security Adviser

Le Nouvel Observateur, Paris, 15-21 January 1998

Question: The former director of the CIA, Robert Gates, stated in his memoirs <“From the Shadows”>, that American intelligence services began to aid the Mujahadeen in Afghanistan 6 months before the Soviet intervention. In this period you were the national security adviser to President Carter. You therefore played a role in this affair. Is that correct?

Brzezinski: Yes. According to the official version of history, CIA aid to the Mujahadeen began during 1980, that is to say, after the Soviet army invaded Afghanistan, 24 Dec 1979. But the reality, secretly guarded until now, is completely otherwise Indeed, it was July 3, 1979 that President Carter signed the first directive for secret aid to the opponents of the pro-Soviet regime in Kabul. And that very day, I wrote a note to the president in which I explained to him that in my opinion this aid was going to induce a Soviet military intervention.

Q: Despite this risk, you were an advocate of this covert action. But perhaps you yourself desired this Soviet entry into war and looked to provoke it?

B: It isn’t quite that. We didn’t push the Russians to intervene, but we knowingly increased the probability that they would.

Q: When the Soviets justified their intervention by asserting that they intended to fight against a secret involvement of the United States in Afghanistan, people didn’t believe them. However, there was a basis of truth. You don’t regret anything today?

Q: Regret what? That secret operation was an excellent idea. It had the effect of drawing the Russians into the Afghan trap and you want me to regret it? The day that the Soviets officially crossed the border, I wrote to President Carter. We now have the opportunity of giving to the USSR its Vietnam war. Indeed, for almost 10 years, Moscow had to carry on a war unsupportable by the government, a conflict that brought about the demoralization and finally the breakup of the Soviet empire.

Q: And neither do you regret having supported the Islamic fundamentalism, having given arms and advice to future terrorists?

Q: What is most important to the history of the world? The Taliban or the collapse of the Soviet empire? Some stirred-up Moslems or the liberation of Central Europe and the end of the cold war?

http://www.takeoverworld.info/brzezinski_interview_shor

And …

The US spent $100’s of millions shooting down Soviet helicopters yet didn’t spend a penny helping Afghanis rebuild their infrastructure and institutions.

They also spent millions producing jihad preaching, fundamentalist textbooks and shipping them off to Afghanistan. These were the same text books the Western media discussed in shocked tones and told their audiences were used by fundamentalist teachers to brainwash their charges and to inculcate in young Afghanis a jihad mindset, hatred of foreigners and non-Muslims etc.

Have you heard about the Afghan Jihad schoolbook scandal?

Or perhaps I should say, “Have you heard about the Afghan Jihad schoolbook scandal that’s waiting to happen?”

Because it has been almost unreported in the Western media that the US government shipped, and continues to ship, millions of Islamist textbooks into Afghanistan.

Only one English-speaking newspaper we could find has investigated this issue: the Washington Post. The story appeared March 23rd.

Washington Post investigators report that during the past twenty years the US has spent millions of dollars producing fanatical schoolbooks, which were then distributed in Afghanistan.

“The primers, which were filled with talk of jihad and featured drawings of guns, bullets, soldiers and mines, have served since then as the Afghan school system’s core curriculum. Even the Taliban used the American-produced books…” – Washington Post, 23 March 2002 (1)

According to the Post the U.S. is now “…wrestling with the unintended consequences of its successful strategy of stirring Islamic fervor to fight communism.”

So the books made up the core curriculum in Afghan schools. And what were the unintended consequences? The Post reports that according to unnamed officials the schoolbooks “steeped a generation in violence.”

How could this result have been unintended? Did they expect that giving fundamentalist schoolbooks to schoolchildren would make them moderate Muslims?

Nobody with normal intelligence could expect to distribute millions of violent Islamist schoolbooks without influencing school children towards violent Islamism. Therefore one would assume that the unnamed US officials who, we are told, are distressed at these “unintended consequences” must previously have been unaware of the Islamist content of the schoolbooks.

But surely someone was aware. The US government can’t write, edit, print and ship millions of violent, Muslim fundamentalist primers into Afghanistan without high officials in the US government approving those primers.

http://www.tenc.net/articles/jared/jihad.htm

Then we must no longer ‘hold our noses’ and vote for ‘the lesser of two evils’. As we can see, if we open our eyes, wars do not end, once started, without a great deal of audience participation. Our job seems to be funding them and cheering on our heroes, whom we have sent into illegal wars for the sake of the geopolitical power games we play and the upkeep of the military industrial complex.

Of course, we have been sold these wars on the pretense of national security and American ‘interests’, two very vague terms which are supposed to simultaneously scare us and rouse our sense of entitlement. Why we should be entitled to claim the resources and power over other countries is never discussed. It just comes under the benefits of being ‘the greatest country in the world’.

We have been robbed by a new way of waging war. Don’t let the audience, us, see or hear about the physical and mental consequences to those we send to wage it, or their families; don’t show it on the nightly news; certainly don’t show the destruction of our bombing on the ancient cities, the civilians who get in our way, or interview anybody in our war zones who holds an opinion that doesn’t support these wars. Don’t let it become a topic discussed by candidates for national offices. Let’s just stick to the things that aren’t lethal.

It’s all very soothing and soporific. If there must be a discussion let’s restrict it to just one war, Afghanistan, and try to end it on the grounds that it has just gone on too long. Let’s not mention that we just upped the number of troops still waging war in Iraq, and the seven years in Syria trying to remove their President. That was the war we couldn’t get any of our allies to go along with so we had to train Islamist extremists to help us out. Turned out they liked the training and weapons we sent but didn’t like us. And now we have a bombing campaign against Yemen waged to help out our wonderful ally, Saudi Arabia, because it is just as arrogant and self-interested as we are.

And almost to a man and a woman our Senate made no objection to the largest military budget ever. And our media is kind enough to let us sleep through that information. What happened to the millions who marched in the streets knowing that a war against Iraq was a put-up job? Gently rocked to sleep by a joint effort of government and media.

I’m confused. Senator Warren says we went to Afghanistan to fight Al-Qaeda; which ostensibly attacked us on 9/11; and yet we’re supporting Al-Qaeda in Syria?? Can someone help me here?

Name ONE thing that Warren said that ever got done! Bet you can’t!

No confusion. The Taliban posted video of unmarked US helicopters delivering arms and supplies to Al-Qaeda in Afghanistan. They were supposed to enter Iran to create chaos but did not so we fight them.

Get it yet? Make up an enemy and arm them with your money then fight them with your money. When they are defeated in Syria move them some place else and fight them there with your money. Get it yet? If you do not get it check your wallet and all the things you wish you had but the government says no. Maybe like single payer healthcare.

1% gets tax breaks do you? 1% get profits from war. Do you? No you pay for it with funds and lives. Get it? If you stop cranking the cotton gin handle you become strange fruit hanging from a tree. Get it yet?Ask your religious leaders about it. They will tell you it is your fault because original sinner you are. You will figure it out sooner or later.

Without the weapons sale$ pipeline there would be NO campaign contributions of scale big enough for politicians.

my post seems to have disappeared. Afghanistan is an enormous opium producing region, and ‘we’ (not me, certainly, but my leaders) are helping ourselves to it. for profit.

Does Afghanistan have oil? Oil is a reason we are in the ME. Another reason we are in the ME & S Asia is to colonize Brown Peoples.

Sorry, I was being sarcastic.

Yes, you are correct, not naive, the better word is corrupt!

No, but it has something more valuable than oil…Poppies!

It is something about an oil/gas pipeline going through Middle Eastern countries. I’m sorry I don’t know all the details but I’ll see what I can do.

When every single Democrat in Congress repeats what Senator Warren has said, then, and only then, will I even consider supporting another Democrat.

Wow, Greenwich—thank you for all of that. sigh---- the axis of evil is us… that’s frightening about the education----and considering betsy de Vox , I can see how devious minds work even more clearly than before.