Home | About | Donate

As Aid Groups Warn of Yemen 'On the Brink,' Iran Says US Just Admitted Its Complicity in 'Atrocities'

As Aid Groups Warn of Yemen 'On the Brink,' Iran Says US Just Admitted Its Complicity in 'Atrocities'

Andrea Germanos, staff writer

Iran foreign minister references White House statement, which said that the U.S. remains "committed to supporting Saudi Arabia"

The Saudi led Coalition of nine countries is bombing Yemen to pieces with war machinery from the US MIC worth $110 billion. This is genocide. And genocide is premeditated murder…

Yemen to pieces with war machinery from the US MIC worth $110 billion. This is genocide. And genocide is premeditated murder…

Yemen to pieces with war machinery from the US MIC worth $110 billion. This is genocide. And genocide is premeditated murder.

$110 billion. Enough said!

Can’t think of a more divisive US President than Trump or a more divisive nation than the US. I am currently reading All Quiet On The Western Front and this book is still so relevant today and that Trump, above all, needs to read it. But he would not tragically so I will suggest it to the GOP and the Democratic corporate war hawks who enable Trump in all his crimes need to read it and stop glossing over the seriousness of war. War is not something to glorify.

…and people wonder why I don’t recite the pledge of allegiance…

Along with Quiet, a favorite of mine is a non fictional account that captures the horrors of WWI, Robert Graves’ autobiography, Goodbye To All that. From an Amazon Review:

“The quintessential memoir of the generation of Englishmen who suffered in World War I is among the bitterest autobiographies ever written. Robert Graves’s stripped-to-the-bone prose seethes with contempt for his class, his country, his military superiors, and the civilians who mindlessly cheered the carnage from the safety of home. His portrait of the stupidity and petty cruelties endemic in England’s elite schools is almost as scathing as his depiction of trench warfare. Nothing could equal Graves’s bone-chilling litany of meaningless death, horrific encounters with gruesomely decaying corpses, and even more appalling confrontations with the callousness and arrogance of the military command.”

Ironically, the solution to needless carnage is a draft. As long as there are armies the only legitimate army, in a democracy, is a citizen army.

Thanks for that referenced book and I have added it to my to read books.

War is not only the mindless slaughter of so many innocents but a veritable betrayal of the society towards its youth as in the case of the US corporate war hawks and their enablers in our “educational” system.

Here is a quote from All Quiet On The Western Front:

" The war has ruined us for everything"

He is right. We are not youth any longer. We don’t want to take the world by storm. We are fleeing. We fly from ourselves. From our life. We were eighteen and had begun to love life and the world; and we had to shoot it to pieces. The first bomb, the first explosion , burst in our hearts. We are cut off from activity, from striving, from progress. We believe in such things no longer, we believe in the war.

I want to work toward a world that no longer needs to bamboozle impressionable youth for the selfish ends of corporations or deluded older “leaders”. War needs to go the way of dinosaurs.

There are times when I must do it. I finally figured out how to make it work,
“and to the Republic for which it stood. (For it stands no more.)
;-})

Yes, All Quiet On The Western Front is a great, anti war book, I’ve read it several times, it’s a book that is a permanent part of my library. I do think you will like the Graves book, hope you give it a try.

War is state sanctioned murder…

A new Saudi man at the controls, and a feud as old as Islam:

Don’t forget to leave out the unconstitutional & mythological part – “under god,” – and to make just one minor correction, “with liberty and justice for all the privileged.

Thank you for the suggestion, and for reminding me that it’s time to re-read Graves’ ‘I, Claudius’ and ‘Claudius the God’ — highly relevant today, since our government rivals ancient Rome in its corruption, and Caligula has been reborn in the person of Tweetle-Dumb . . .

Brilliant.

UUUMMM the larger picture is of pure horror…no aid to the fire victims of CA, reduced and slowed down aid to TX and FL and no real aid the PR…now add the picture of the MIC and what do you see on a global scale? This coming week we may add the horror of horror’s Korea…include to this the destruction of our Republic and it’s democratic institutions…now what do you see? this isn’t about making America great again, it is about laying waste to avenge what? to seek revenge for what? this man trump and his administration are Evil incarnate.

Its un-American to pledge allegiance.

I do believe we are witnessing the end of the American Empire. China is keeping the US in check not North Korea. And by taking down Saddam Hussein Iraq is now in Iran’s orbit.

WHEN WILL THE CORPORATE MEDIA START REPORTING INTERNATIONAL NEWS! Its so PATHETIC.

I read it a couple of years ago. You are right, it is a great antiwar book written by a German soldier who saw it firsthand. I would also recommend Johnny Got His Gun by Dalton Trumbo.

While it might sound like hyperbole and over-the-top to some, the governments of the United States, Saudi Arabia, and Israel constitute the new Axis powers based on their shared allegiance to each other, their waging of illegal wars of aggression, and the murdering, torturing, imprisoning, starving and commission of other war crimes against countless innocent civilians.

" War is sanctioned murder wrapped in a pretty flag!