Home | About | Donate

As Baltimore Demands Justice, Solidarity Movements Grow

As Baltimore Demands Justice, Solidarity Movements Grow

Nadia Prupis, staff writer

As an uneasy calm settled over Baltimore on Tuesday, hours after the National Guard descended on activists calling for justice over the death of Freddie Gray and countless other unarmed black men and women killed by police, demonstrations against police violence continued throughout the city.

I have to wonder about the store break-ins. I am admitting right up front that I know nothing, but ... If I were a nasty minded KKK type or just your slightly nastier police type, I would probably be paying someone to do that.

If that is too far fetched for you, then you no doubt believe that police would never deliberately seed violence into protests. But most protest organizers expect police provocateurs. They operate as standard procedure and occasionally get exposed. Why would they not be doing that now?

The corpress paints a portrait of "a city on fire"

But avoids the question of who lights the match

Solidarity is the way. US'ns 'black, brown and white' must co-ordinate to reclaim their country. Until then it will remain a police state; not a country but a cell; effectively dead.

I do not know if you are correct about agent provocateurs seeding the violence in Baltimore, but I can tell you I have seen violent provocateurs first hand in other demonstrations which demonize the 99% of peaceful protesters. Maybe not true; but certainly not far fetched!