Home | About | Donate

As Big Ag Targets Activists, Animal Rights Leader Arrested on Felony Charges for Saving Sick Baby Goat

As Big Ag Targets Activists, Animal Rights Leader Arrested on Felony Charges for Saving Sick Baby Goat

Jessica Corbett, staff writer

Amid mounting concerns—detailed in recent reporting by The Intercept—that Utah prosecutors with ties to the agricultural industry may be improperly motivated to pursue cases against animal rights activists, former law professor Wayne Hsiung was hit with new felony charges in North Carolina on Friday.

Felony charges?

For saving a sick baby goat?

It’s time to burn down the power structure.

They’ve all lost their minds.

We cannot allow our country to be run by mentally ill people.

What Anthony Bourdain did to animals should have put him jail.

This is how you know an empire is corrupt, decadent and evil:
people who save abused animals are prosecuted, while gangsters in the government walk around free.

Big Ag is frightened — take heed of that …

There is a VEGAN movement beginning for many, many reasons –
I don’t know exactly what the first reason is in the minds of those going with this movement.
I doubt we’ll hear anything about it from the press –
that would be too dangerous a thing for any human being to know about.

One of the reasons for me was animal rights – and then understanding that animals had
actual spirits – they’re all different – just as humans are. Also that animals are wired the
same way that humans are to feel pleasure and to feel pain.

Also breaking through the myth of animal eating as a necessity for any human being.
Who would believe that newborn babies are dependent upon the milk from a cow —
and NOT from their Mothers? How gullible do you have to be to believe that?

Remember, these are the same people who immediately tried to stop breast feeding among
the native people here to weaken them and their bonding with their mothers. They told native
women that their milk was bad because it was blue and that they shouldn’t breastfeed their
babies.
Later, they actually succeeded in stopping breast feeding by American mothers for almost 50 years.

WHY? Because they know that breastfeeding is essential on many levels for babies –
everything in breast milk is used to strengthen the child – even into your 80’s!!
If you want to see a child weakened, don’t breast feed it.
It’s also an essential part of the child bonding with the Mother.

When you act in your own interests as a human being on this planet, you certainly begin
with feeling squeamish about Big Ag/Factory Farming and experiments on animals.

They have also tried to STOP free speech in regard to the myth of the necessity of animal
eating – and recall Oprah trying to make the public aware that animals were being fed other
animals – even road kill – a practice which had been stopped 400 years ago because it made
not only animals sick but the people eating them. Now, I understand they are also feeding
animals fecal matter from other animals.

Mad Cow California: Stop Feeding Cows Chicken Manure

More than a decade ago, the World Health Organization called for the exclusion of the riskiest bovine tissues — cattle brains, eyes, spinal cord and intestine — from the human food supply and from all animal feed to protect against the spread of mad cow disease. Unfortunately, the United States still allows the feeding of some of these potentially risky tissues to people, pigs, pets, poultry, and fish. Cattle remains are still fed to chickens, for example, and the poultry litter (floor wastes that include the feces and spilled feed) is fed back to cows. In this way, prions — the infectious proteins that cause mad cow disease — may continue to be cycled back into cattle feed and complete the cow “cannibalism” circuit blamed for the spread of the disease.

Because poultry litter can be as much as eight times cheaper than foodstuffs like alfalfa, the U.S. cattle industry may feed as much as a million pounds of poultry litter to cattle each year. A thousand chickens can make enough waste to feed a growing calf year-round. Although excrement from other species is fed to livestock in the United States, chicken droppings are considered more nutritious for cows than pig feces or cattle dung.

AND that’s beyond the hormones and chemicals they inject into animals to make them grow.
Are those same hormones and chemicals making human beings grow – ?

Then there’s the runoff from the factory farms which is polluting our rivers, lakes, streams.

Just how many reasons are there to be a VEGAN?
Perhaps the most important one – if we want to stop-cooperating with Capitalism – is to begin
to stop the chain of violence of animal eating. A billion animals slaughtered every year.

I’ve always felt like we need to stop anything we see that we wouldn’t want to have happen to us.

Thank you for your service to the animals.

The reasons are myriad and obvious (though the ethical argument is independently sufficient to drive the conclusion). Veganism is good for us, the other animals, the environment, the economy, is consistent with and undergirds feminism (see C. Adams), anti-racism (see M. Speigel), and anti-capitalism (see G. Francione), The numbers alone overwhelm: 56 billion farmed animals are killed by humans every year.

Socratizer –

"The reasons are myriad and obvious (though the ethical argument is independently sufficient to drive the conclusion). Veganism is good for us, the other animals, the environment, the economy, is consistent with and undergirds feminism (see C. Adams), anti-racism (see M. Speigel), and anti-capitalism (see G. Francione), The numbers alone overwhelm: 56 billion farmed animals are killed by humans every year."

Thank you for your wonderful reply – (smile)

And just want to underscore the many ways you’ve recited where humans can benefit
themselves and so much more in non-violent action in response to capitalism.

I guess you can say he’s facing a real Kangaroo court! Corrupt judges, politicians and business types!

And if you check their pouches you’ll find them stuffed with bribery cash.

Animals have a true nature not subjected to ideological concepts. They don’t need laws to care for their young. Cows that are born into industrial farms forget how to graze. A lesson for us all.

fern –

For a brief time, there was a TV show called “Animal Planet” – though it still exists it is
steadily turned to violence …

but at one time, they dealt with the true nature of animals, their spirits, personalities and
it was a joy to watch. Beyond what I understood at the time about animals.

There are some very interesting children’s books now being written by a very special
author – Ruby Roth. My library has at least one of the books. If you want to change
the way people look at animals, this would seem to be the place to start.

That’s Why We Don’t Eat Animals: A Book About Vegans, Vegetarians, and All Living Things
https://www.amazon.com/Thats-Why-Dont-Eat-Animals/dp/1556437854/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1528564314&sr=8-1&keywords=ruby+roth%2C+we+don’t+eat+animals&dpID=51Spqj0cv7L&preST=SX218_BO1,204,203,200_QL40&dpSrc=srch

Two others are –

V is for VEGAN

and

VEGAN is for LOVE

Well sure there is a lot we don’t know about animals as they are removed from our daily lives on a large scale or where they have adapted to human environments.

A book I always liked was KoKo’s kitten by Francine Patterson. I think it helps kids deal with loss but there is a lot more to the story and it is true. I will check out Ruby Roth always interested but rarely make it to the library. I’ve worked with rescue groups and you can learn a lot that way but it is not the same as being a neutral party. Just one of the other mammals so to speak.

Thanks.

OK –

I’m familiar with KoKo’s story with the kitten, but didn’t know there was a book.
Have seen the video.
Will keep it in mind - thanks.

Conversation in jail:
-Why are you here?
-I robbed a bank.
-And you?
-I had a DUI
-What about you?
-I saved a baby goat from being killed.

Life in the USA-2018.

People such as Professor Hsiung are true heroes, and he does not have to wave a flag to prove it.

I found a fledging on my terrace two days ago. Looked up how to feed etc and discovered that it’s a federal crime to raise wild birds. So I guess it means you cannot help them in any way. Stupid humans!!!

I doubt if anyone is going to go through the trouble and expense of prosecuting someone for helping a bird in distress (since I would suppose that most birds out there are classified as 'wild). The goats have dollar signs attached, and as you know, here in the US, the almighty dollar rules over everything else. Threaten someone’s ability to make money–even if it’s off baby animals that are tortured and slaughtered in the most inhumane way possible (see “veal” farms), then OMG…the wrath of the government falls on your head. Stealing is listed as a major felony right up there with murder and kidnapping. Unbelievable.