Home | About | Donate

As Coronavirus Death Toll Continues to Rise in Iran, Global Calls Mount for US to Lift 'Immoral' Sanctions

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/03/17/coronavirus-death-toll-continues-rise-iran-global-calls-mount-us-lift-immoral

2 Likes

We shall now see, nay the entire world shall see, how deep the hatred in this nation’s government and military runs for their ideological bents towards other countries.

6 Likes

This is a tragedy. An unspeakable vileness. These sanctions need immediate remedy. The world needs to act in the best interest of humanity and make provisions for Iran.

6 Likes

Why doesnt the EU lift their own sanctions and tell the US to go to hell? Seriously? Why is everyone waiting on the sociopath in chief to do the right thing. If those countries really cared, which they dont, they would deliver aide and sanctions from the EU and let the US do its own thing. But they wont. They are waiting to ask the US for permission.

The EU has been just as complicit in doing this to Iran as Trump. Like when the US reneged out of the nuclear deal and imposed the sanctions. The UN could have said no, we will not follow suit, Iran has been compliant and we will not place any embargoes on the nation. But they didnt. They went along with the US and now everyone thinks they been the nice guys in this scenario.

12 Likes

Maybe while they’re at it they could lift the sanctions on healthcare here as well.

3 Likes

And the same for Venezuela:

ttps://www.theguardian.com/world/2020/mar/17/mask-gown-gloves-none-of-that-exists-venezuelas-coronavirus-crisis

8 Likes

Well stated Kaylie. Sycophants the lot of them.

1 Like

This is going to be a global tragedy if we don’t work together to solve these issues and prepare for more difficult times ahead. We need much better leadership on this.

5 Likes

They are waiting to ask the US for permission.

And the US is waiting to ask Israel for permission.

8 Likes

War crimes and Crimes Against Humanity by any moral measure from the trump regime and all who direct it are glaring… The immediate removal from office and execution of the utterly vile and corrupt figurehead in the WH is appropriate in such cases throughout history- the tens of thousands of deaths and physical/emotional abuse this monster has caused so many, here at our southern border, and abroad in Iran, Venezuela and elsewhere, and the hundreds of thousands of deaths coming due directly to his criminal incompetence, malfeasance and serving profiteering by himself and the 1%, lying about, and ignoring, the SARS-CoV-2 pandemic are more than enough cause!

3 Likes

The rest of the world should tell Trump & the Excited States of Paranoia where to go but don`t have the balls to do it. How can other countries justify supporting illegal actions, by anyone?

1 Like

Sorry, the left is not in power. Can’t do squat, won’t do squat, and should probably go home and self-contain.

1 Like

This time of Global Health Crisis is very serious matter to addressed. This is the time of Unity, forgiveness and Cooperation so we shall overcome the coronavirus. Sanctions must be lifted so that humanitarian aid can reach Iran. My heart is breaking so much and I am crying so much to see Iranians suffering and even Humanitarian aid are denied to them.In times like this is the time that we all unite together, cooperate together , show our love and care to each other being God’s Children. If we do this we shall overcome surely on this Crisis. So please let us unite together for a petition , Please someone needs to make a petition because i can let the 2 million follower’s on facebook of my neice can sign. I love you Iran from the Philippines

I’ll look and see if there is petition so we can help this together to help our brothers and sisters in Iran,

1 Like

sir here is the petition i found in google search …i put spaces after three w w w because links are not allowed here
w w w .change.org/p/un-who-lift-all-medical-sanctions-now-the-iranian-people-suffering-from-coronavirus