Home | About | Donate

'As Corrupt as It Gets': Oil Lobbyist Turned Interior Chief Proposes Giving 'Coveted' Contract to Ex-Client

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/11/08/corrupt-it-gets-oil-lobbyist-turned-interior-chief-proposes-giving-coveted-contract

I like bananas, but I don’t like living in a banana republic. The Trump administration has gone from just plain ridiculous, to just plain corrupt.

3 Likes

How did this smug, fat-ass, Barr lookalike bastard ever get confirmed in the first place?

2 Likes

When the hell are they going to start locking these people up?
These bastards are like cops, they think they can do anything they want, knowing the odds are there is a 99% chance they will get away with it.
Just maybe they might think a little about committing crimes if they start seeing people like them put in handcuffs and hauled away.

4 Likes

Follow the money…as usual!

David! Were you “fat-shaming” that blubber-assed, shit-eatin’, grinning, piece of lard?!

3 Likes

Whenever progressives finally take over the country.
Don’t try holding your breath until that happens, though.
(Money still calls the shots.)

3 Likes

LOL! I’d say I was “glutton/Barr shaming.”

2 Likes

When a ship starts to sink two things occur. The rats move to the window seats so they can exit first and the Republican crew steals the silverware and anything of any wealth enroute to their impending demise. Trump is going down! Eleven of his crew have already been convicted. Down goes Trump. Watch them throw one another from those window seats beneath the lights of world television coverage. Giuliani and CIA Billy Barr are not going down with USS Trump without criminalizing everybody. And all the king’s horses and all the king’s men couldn’t put Humpty Dumpty back together again!!
Highest ratings since the Simpson Trial? Trump is no longer good for business. Adios.

4 Likes

Those that were nonchalant about their vote last time have lots to think about. Elections have consequences.
If we haven’t marched on Washington yet, we have little to complain about.
Chickenshits get run over every day now.

2 Likes

When the entire Mafia is locked up!

1 Like

Our “Representative Republic” went Bananas a long time ago, but in the past three years it has gone from 50% ridiculous, 80% corrupt to 99.44% ridiculous AND corrupt. Several seriously and criminally insane inmates really are running the asylum.

Further proof that instead of draining the swamp like he promised, Tweetle-Dumb has diverted the K Street sewer into it.  The ‘D.C.’ in ‘Washington, D.C.’ now stands for ‘Dystopian Cesspool’.

2 Likes

I was just thinking @Shantiananda - that the line between organized crime and much of the corporate world has been so blurred that there is no longer a line - the one has become the other.

Wasn’t it always the plan for organized crime to ‘go legit’ ?

Are the tobacco companies really free market capitalists ? Or are they organized crime ?

Are Nestle, Pepsi & Coca Coal and their assault on the world with plastic one use bottled water free enterprise - or the mafia in disguise ? Selling sugar to an ever obese public - knowingly - is this a business - or a crime unit ?

Monsanto ?

One realizes the list is incredibly long if one starts to think this way.

Climate crisis denial, endless war…politicians in the pocket… We’ve been taken over by the mob, haven’t we ?

5 Likes

When enough of us are in the streets, shutting the country down demanding an end to the systemic ecocidical corruption of corporate rule, off capitalism. Individually, and even in a multitude of groups we are powerless but united around clear demands and a plan going forward, we are more powerful than the oligarchs and their machine.

3 Likes

Westlands Water District as well as just about every other water district in CA are definitely organized crime … ever see the flick “Chinatown”?

2 Likes

The Chilean people should be a model for us in the US. They are always out in the streets protesting, despite what happened to them less than 50 years ago.

1 Like

Sure have - and I have the book “Cadillac Desert” by Marc Reisner as well.

When a corporation is knowingly hurting the people and the environment - is this any longer to be considered a ‘business’ in the good sense - an organization providing necessaries to the people and a living wage to its employees ?

A light just dawned ! We mistake - the villains of today are not ‘businesses’ - they are in one form or another rackets - exploiting the people and their communities, and now, destroying the very basis of life - the environment. This applies at all scales I think - from the franchise paying non-living wages to Boeing - producing faulty airplanes. But as the scaling goes up, the sophistication of the racket scales also, until rackets like Monsanto, the tobacco giants, the junk food giants - their chief operating officers are in fact criminals - destroying people and the environment with knowledge aforethought - cold blooded criminals in other words.

4 Likes

Just look at the face of that pompous flabby imbecile. That says it all. Pig stain on his fat chin, grinning like a ghoul.

1 Like

Manysummits: Well said.

That’s a keeper!!!

Yep. Started in the '60’s when JFK, RFK, and MLK got whacked by the mob for the capitalists/industrialists/oligarchs.

1 Like