Home | About | Donate

As Covid-19 Soars Ahead of Election, Tapes Reveal Kushner Bragging About How Trump Wrestled Response 'Back From the Doctors'

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/10/29/covid-19-soars-ahead-election-tapes-reveal-kushner-bragging-about-how-trump-wrestled

Its like the editor of the Spokane Spokesman-Review noted in her editorial endorsing Trump…after listing his flaws, she concluded that “Trump is better for business”…as he confirmed with his Covid response…actually non-response.

3 Likes

Vote all the bastards out now! Then arrest and prosecute all said perpetrators so they will not be a vocal or visible factor at all. Peace at last, free at last.

5 Likes

On social media, epidemiologist Eric Feigl-Ding said Thursday that “Kushner can go to hell for this comment.”

That is the problem good doctor, until Kushner goes to hell we are the ones: THAT ARE GOING TO HELL!

5 Likes

These people now in power have small minds - and even smaller hearts.

And the people who vote for them - what to make of this branch of the electorate ?

We are all taking a beating I think - all branches of the electorate - physical, mental and social - torn between hope and optimism one day and despair the next.

The exact opposite of the World Health Organization’s definition of ‘health’:

• Health is a state of complete physical, mental and social well-being and not merely the absence of disease or infirmity.

• The enjoyment of the highest attainable standard of health is one of the fundamental rights of every human being without distinction of race, religion, political belief, economic or social condition.

• The health of all peoples is fundamental to the attainment of peace and security and is dependent on the fullest co-operation of individuals and States.

• The achievement of any State in the promotion and protection of health is of value to all.

• Unequal development in different countries in the promotion of health and control of diseases, especially communicable disease, is a common danger.

• Healthy development of the child is of basic importance; the ability to live harmoniously in a changing total environment is essential to such development.

• The extension to all peoples of the benefits of medical, psychological and related knowledge is essential to the fullest attainment of health.

• Informed opinion and active co-operation on the part of the public are of the utmost importance in the improvement of the health of the people.

• Governments have a responsibility for the health of their peoples which can be fulfilled only by the provision of adequate health and social measures.

======================

Our governments by this comprehensive definition are very sick - as are the people, whatever that means.

Since the coup in 1963, we have been going downhill in fits and starts - until now we are in freefall, approaching terminal velocity.

Maybe we can pop the parachute before impact - maybe not. I don’t think a soft landing is in the cards in any case - it’s just a question of how massive the injuries are.

Since proverbially the longest journey must begin with the first step - how if we stay on the November 1 Standard Time - to better align ourselves with the natural world and ourselves ?

~https://www.scientificamerican.com/article/governments-worldwide-consider-ditching-daylight-saving-time/

If we can’t take even this one step - how likely is any future ??

“Man has lost the capacity to foresee and to forestall, he will end by
destroying the world.” (Albert Schweitzer)
When he wrote these words in the 1950s, Schweitzer was regarded by many as at least
eccentric, if not worse, despite the recent experience of global conflict and the first
use of nuclear weapons. He was writing at about the time that Watson and Crick
were discovering the double helical structure of DNA, and when Rachel Carson was publishing her book Silent Spring, which predicted the ecological catastrophe to come. Since then
nothing has happened to distract from the salient truth that how we manage the planet and
how we manage relations between each other are the two things on which eventually the
security of health, wellbeing, and survival of the human species depend. As the world again
dissolves into global conflict, we are reminded that public health must be involved in these
most central of questions.
~https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1732441/pdf/v057p00314a.pdf

In the same 1950’s period, Enrico Fermi asked Edward Teller et al:

“Where is everybody” (roughly).

This is no small or humorous question.

Delta Force Commander Pete Blaber states:

“It isn’t reality unless it’s shared”,

an accurate summation of how far we have drifted into the Never - Never Land of fantasy, Mis & Dis Information - in fact we are in a death spiral, and whistling past the graveyards of the world.

7 Likes

But he’s not, is he? The economy will not recover without us dealing with the virus. This illogic is a sort of blindness. Beyond that, Trump et al just don’t care what happens, and they don’t respond to critique in the slightest. In fact, they revel in the outrage they cause.

4 Likes

That is true if rephrased to big business.

7 Likes

Trump’s “economy” is GDP Growth going to the already too rich.

May this economy never recover.

In its place let’s try a real economy, as per the Greek ‘oikonomia’.

2 Likes

He’s not talking about the real economy, most of which takes place at street level.

3 Likes

I’m going now outside - then to read the new Scientific American - to maintain what small amount of sanity I have left.

4 Likes

Take refuge in facts. SA is a good place to inhabit.

1 Like

Evil–the only possible comment I can make.

3 Likes

Waldman is correct = bad politics
Reiner is correct = half million dead

I am working on some ideas for my next slew of paintings to keep me grounded in what is Real and how we can imagine what is Beautiful;

From the scientist of all time, Albert Einstein:

Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination encircles the world [emphasis mine]

In those good, quiet moments, when I contemplate the world around me, then I think, experience there is only a single idea elaborated in the whole cosmos.

3 Likes

Isn’t the malady we are all suffering called “civilization”?

1 Like

I believe it was Gandhi who was asked what he thought about western civilization. And he said it would be a good idea.

Or something like that.

2 Likes

Jared probably thinks that people of color just have to want to not get sick.

1 Like

Here! Here! jailed all the trump crime family including his wife and all of repubicons.

In a way it is - but I can’t but help see all the good that has happened too Giovanna.

I went into science because I wanted, needed, to find out how things worked, and possibly why.

The how part was very successful - the why still a mystery.

I know that both religion and science have been part of the empires we have constructed.

But we really did land on the Moon, and brought the guys home safely.

We know black holes exist, we even measure their gravitational waves if they merge.

We are measuring the atmospheres of planets around distant stars - when I was born exoplanets were mere conjecture.

Einstein was right I am sure - imagination is more important than knowledge.

But what you do with both imagination and knowledge is even more important.

Right now we’re high speed backwards - we have chosen some seriously wrong roads.

It is not a given that we will figure things out - so we do look for sanity where we can.

The militaries of the world try not to leave a comrade behind.

We have failed miserably there. There are only s few who are predisposed to understand science - and some scientists are good at outreach, but not enough.

It has to become part of the job - to not leave anyone behind.

1 Like