Home | About | Donate

As Crisis Intensifies, Kerry Says US Will Take 100,000 Refugees in 2017

As Crisis Intensifies, Kerry Says US Will Take 100,000 Refugees in 2017

Deirdre Fulton, staff writer

U.S. Secretary of State John Kerry announced Sunday that the U.S. will accept 85,000 refugees from around the world next year—up from 70,000—and the number will rise to 100,000 in 2017.

Many, though not all, of the additional refugees would be Syrian, American officials have said. The United States has taken in just 1,500 refugees since the start of the Syrian war in 2011, and President Barack Obama last week committed to accepting 10,000 more over the coming year.

"U.S. officials have recognized the process for admitting Syrian refugees can take up to 18 months, largely because of vetting to make sure they do not pose a security threat.": now, why exactly is this the situation? Perhaps the USA should stop interfering in other nations and thus minimizing their animus toward this monstrous empire and making the rise of "terrorist" improbable?

Suuuure....if they're still alive then!
How about the U.S. just get out of the Middle East, with their weapons of mass destruction, and their renegade ISIS army doing all the dirty work. Meantime, the government lies to the people, and the vast majority of the dumbed down electorate continue to buy the lies....hook, line and sinker.
And innocent lives are lost...for what?
For greater Israhell?
Enough already.
Let peace rein.
Speak up, speak out, research, do your homework, open the can of worms, upset the apple cart. Enough already.

Better than have them pay, they should be mandated to work and serve this population both here and abroad. Get a couple of huge cargo planes, load them up with these war criminals (add those cheerleaders from the media too), and drop 'em all in refugee camps they created. Have them care for those whose lives have been so damaged by their actions.

That would be a fitting punishment.

Wouldn't it be more economical to end the wars, make peace, and rebuild their countries?

"Kerry did not address why the U.S. proposal is well short of what the
former officials advocated, but in London on Saturday, he said the
migrant crisis must be solved by ending Syria's civil war and replacing
President Bashar Assad.
"

Kerry suggests that the whole murderous mess that is Syria can be fixed if Assad is taken down. Oh, I guess that then the population of Syria will participate in free elections (should that include surrogates voting for headless and otherwise murdered citizens and those who migrated from that hell?) and everything will be "OK".

What a fucan ass hole, as is Obama and the stables of neocons in the White House and State Department that started this dung ball rolling for the good of the Empire and in a effort to placate the Middle Eastern fascist Sunni and Jewish states, the monarchistic states of the Arabian Peninsula and the Zionist state of Israel. I can see Kerry limping around on the club foot of his bicycle accident, babbling utter nonsense. Is this fool going to be in NY to attend the UN gala?

And meanwhile the earth burns. That's the big news. Earth cleanses itself by way of species self destruction of homo sapiens.

I think developments at UN Security Council meetings are worth mentioning . The US France and the UK are calling for active military engagement in Syria as an emergency measure. ( obviously unsaid is they wish to replace Assad using the same rationale as in Libya to get rid of Qaddafi)

This group is claiming the need so dire it can not wait on a UN resolution for the use of force. Russia and China have both objected claiming this constitutes a war crime under international law and have pulled their diplomats out of the meeting.

Now there does appear to be a dire emergency as far as the USA is concerned. Russia has started to provide intelligence to the Syrian Goverment of where ISIS concentrations are and the Syrian Air Force has launched air strikes against the same . This has slowed ISIS advances.

I posted links the other day where Lavrov was questioning why the US was not in fact attacking ISIS concentrations when they too knew where they were .

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

But more likely the UN chooses a country like Saudi Arabia to a key human rights panel. So that they can hide the genocide and mass murder they and others are doing.

But more likely the UN chooses a country like Saudi Arabia to a key human rights panel. So that they can hide the genocide and mass murder they and others are doing.

I could not agree with you more.

"I could not agree with you more"
Ok, I'll do it for you. I agree more! (-:

While we have a moral obligation to take in the refugees, what are we going to do with them? The last I heard, there are 7 jobs for every 10 people struggling to find one, and we have no idea how many Americans today are in deep poverty. The US shipped out a huge number of jobs since the 1980s, ended actual welfare in the 1990s. I assume Americans would quickly treat the refugees as horribly as we treated the victims of Hurricane Katrina. Remember how they were quickly condemned for failing to secure jobs, even though there were no jobs, and most didn't have the resources/means necessary to even start hunting for one?

A "side issue" on human rights: According to the UN's UDHR, food and shelter are fundamental human rights, even for the jobless poor. Obviously, Americans disagree. We would need to establish what Americans consider to be "human rights."

That would be a wonderful comeuppance but that's not how it is likely to play out. The refugees are, I strongly suspect, previews of coming attractions. Methinks rest of us will be joining them all too soon.

If the electric grid goes out, all the communication devices will be defunct -- the on hand supply of batteries can only last so long. And even if the household radios are working, what will energize the presumed broadcasters? We will then be puzzled frightened masses yearning to continue to breathe free or at all, trying to find edible scraps in the dark, with no way of learning how widespread the civilizational breakdown is, wondering if there is any small chance of "help being on the way."

They should also be mandated to take in refugees into their spare houses, guest rooms, vacation cabins etc.

On the contrary though. This Syrian refugee crises is getting people emotionally ready to approve a war and occupation of Syria to get rid of Assad. Everything is blamed on Assad right now. That's why many other refugees from iraq, Afghanistan etc. are dumping their ID's and getting Syrian ID's or simply say that they had to leave without papers.

That's why they are using the refugee crisis right now to start a real war with Syria.

Of course it is all about going to war with Syria. That is why the US is all u[pset about Russia interfering right now.