Home | About | Donate

As DOJ Cracks Down on FIFA, Are Powerful Multinationals Getting Shielded from Public Exposure?

"Although it is not clear why, the DOJ appears not to be subjecting some of the corporations involved in the scandal to the same level of public exposure as the FIFA officials."

? Are you kidding? Sarah, ya gotta get out more ....

It seems to me that it goes a bit deeper than the corrupt Fifa officials and companies. My guess is that this is another pathetic attempt by the US to go after Russia, to find some measly graft on the part of Fifa and the Russians as an excuse to take the World Cup away from Putin. I note the English who are lock step with everything the US does have already come out saying the Russian World Cup should be given to England. Surprise, surprise. I think the US is so desperate to continue its attack on Russia that it will use any means to do it. I may be wrong so I will sit back and watch this unfold.

A travesty once again and missed opportunity so far.... The criminal organizations doing the bribing are not arrested, just the greedy fools that accepted it. When are we going to have real justice... obviously not with Obama or the government we have. Bankers, wallstreet, polluters, WE MUST NATIONALIZE ANY COMPANY INVOLVED IN ORGANIZED CRIME, either dismantle them or make them follow guidelines of responsibility, wages, sourcing, waste and consumption... no more Jewish (and others) money changers selling us disposable crap so we must always re purchase everything all the time, wasteful and if was religious would say against every religion I know. But most of all it does not follow Natural law and humanities law.... Join the REVOLUTION, don't buy anything, stop paying for anything including taxes until war machine is stopped, mortgages (banks) close all accounts and divest from the stock market altogether before it crashes as it is on the road to pop soon, follow the advice they will not tell you about. Start biking and above all, talk to people again, not just on computers or the Tethers you tie yourself while giving away all your liberties, the cell phone. Face to face, use facts and believe people smarter than you and your elders, we can't reinvent the wheel everytime someone doesn't know something but believes it none the less.

I don't mean to not care but don't we have better corruption issues here at home (in the US, that is) that we could concentrate our resources and man-power on? Although, if this in any way exposes Quater for their horrific treatment of the Nepalese men and women who are trying to construct the soccer site for the World Cup, then by all means, cast your DOJ net.

Just do it (tm)

Because you'll never be called on it

England have not requested that 2018 should be given to them. Former UEFA president Lennart Johansson wants to see England host the 2018 World Cup. He is Swedish.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

mikedaniel did not say that FIFA is not corrupt; he said the story runs deeper. That the US currently holds a hostile stance toward Russia is something we can all agree on. To connect the two stories is not all that far-fetched, in my opinion.

Of course this meme popped up almost immediately and I thought that it was quite far-fetched. However, the crawler on the morning news indicated that the European football organization is threatening boycotting the upcoming world cup if changes aren't made, specifically the resignation of Blatter.

Who ya gonna believe? A paranoid delusional or your lying eyes? The US AG Office is hardly a model of justice and accountability, but is rather a weapon of arbitrary political persecution. Of course FIFA is corrupt, the last fiasco in Brazil exposed everything that is wrong with that organization. I was for some time a soccer referee (both FIFA and HS) and corruption is part of the game as with everything in life. As a rookie HS referee I was counseled by the hardened pros not to give hard red cards (immediate game ejections) because the paperwork involved and the political scrutiny I might call down upon myself (some community pillar's little darling being ejected for a flagrant foul.) The "beautiful game" - life.

Like you and Frank Zappa: "I'm watchin' and I'm waitin', every time I hear them say, that there's no way to delay that trouble comin' every day."

"WE MUST NATIONALIZE ANY COMPANY INVOLVED IN ORGANIZED CRIME"
* That sounds good, but what about the fact that the government is probably also controlled by organized crime.
* Thomas Jefferson wrote, “The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first."
* He also wrote, “The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure.”
* From what I see, the tree is getting pretty droopy. Definitely needs manuring!
;-})

Nothing wrong with prosecuting corrupt officials but the DOJ sounds a little self-righteous here. They refused to prosecute major war criminals - Bush, Cheney, etc. - so it 's hard to admire this particular crusade against people who are angels compared to those who start wars and kill over a million people. How many dead bodies were created by FIFA corruption?