Home | About | Donate

As Examples Mount, Sanders Campaign Accuses Corporate Media of 'Deliberate Attempt to Erase Bernie'

Hi Trakar:
Yes, I suppose that they are private corporations—but the Supremes were wrong with deciding that back when a clerk wrote that corporations were people in the margin—and clerks were not allowed to create policy----but of course the Supreme Court has done all kinds weird decisions over the life of America. : (

1 Like

You sound like you are arguing against Citizens United, I am not arguing for Citizen’s United, this is an entirely different court and issue. I was discussing the lawsuit seeking to hold the DNC to account for their thumb-on-the-scale tactics in 2016. The court ruled that the DNC was a private corporation and according to its charter, they could choose their presidential nominee however they want, they don’t have to hold or acknowledge primary voting at all, if they choose not to, because that is the wording and policy of their corporate charter.

Hi Traker:
Oh yes, I will never believe that"corporations are people," even though a long ago Supreme Court clerk wrote that in a margin. of a Supreme Court paper However, the DNC seems to feel it can be “of the people,” while at the same time saying that they are above it all as a private corporation.
Sorry, DNC, you are never getting any support for me, as you pretend to be of the People, but are actually for yourselves. It doesn’t matter what any party says when it stands for the people. The harm is that the ELECTORS power can nullify anything the people voted for. YOU , corporate DNC and the KOCH bros seem to be a political throwback to the early 20th century-------and that power has never helped WE the People!

1 Like

THe DNC has long held the position of “don’t hold us to our word, we only say those things because we want people to believe us, not hold us to account for our actions.” They are corporatists in populist costume, they wear populism like they wear progressivism, …only as disguises for campaigning not as any sort of badge of who they actually are.

1 Like