Home | About | Donate

As GOP Scrambles, Progressives Vow to Defeat Tax Scam 'Just Like We Killed Their Healthcare Bill'

As GOP Scrambles, Progressives Vow to Defeat Tax Scam 'Just Like We Killed Their Healthcare Bill'

Jake Johnson, staff writer

"Healthcare showed us: change doesn't happen in these D.C. halls, it happens from the ground up."

GOP tax bill

This shouldn’t be called a tax plan; like the headline says it is just another tax scam for the rich; by the rich; and for the rich. Just more proof that America is not a democracy, but a plutocracy. Until WE HAVE A TRUE DEMOCRACY, WHAT WE NEED IT SEEMS TO ME, IS ANOTHER TEA PARTY TAX REVOLT.

And my definition of democracy is this: A GOVERNMENT WHERE THE AVERAGE AMERICAN HAS PARTICIPATION IN THE POLITICAL POWER OF THEIR GOVERNMENT.

Remember the trite and banal saying that don’t complain if you do not vote! What a canard! They ( the deep state ) select Trump and HRC and make you think you have a choice and anyone like Bernie or Dr. Jill Stein that has some integrity and that could be a potential threat to them is always eliminated.

Yes, I like this, and more people need to realize that it is “We the people” not “They” . They are voted into office to supposedly represent the majority not just the one per centers. Not that long ago taxes were not an issue. When Reguns got into office, her not only supported the weakening of unions but tax breaks for the rich wiith trickle down. Why these people want to not pay taxes is beyond many people. Actually who does want to pay taxes, but that is how we pay for services. And with the military involved in multiple war fronts, they still want to cut taxes. Dump has been heard to say that he should not pay taxes at all- gee what a surprise.

This is not about money for the wealthy the amounts at stake are de minimis to them. This is about RAW POWER to further ossify the class structure. The serfs are to have no security, no assurance, if even an opportunity at a meaningful life, if the wealthy prevail. May their Dom Perignon overflow with botulism to wash the bile in the soul to the Ride of the Valkyries.

Tea party was a hoax, a shame and a disgrace concocted by the wealthy to divert attention from their public fleecing job.

They should include a provision that any politician who makes over $10,000,000 be exempt from making their taxes and tax forms public. They shouldn’t even send the forms to the IRS. This will save money as they don;t pay a penny of taxes anyway. Paperwork Reduction Act after all…

Haven’t you heard Paul Ryan saying that the rich are job creators hence deserve to be exempt from taxation. Needless to say they only move high paying American jobs to China, Malaysia, Mexico, Bangladesh, etc… countries with no labor rights or worker protections.

Yes, I have heard that- job creators for who - themselves! At any rate, most rich people are not job creators- they inherit their wealth or have very high paying jobs - or win the lottery! Also, just because someone owns a business never has exempted someone from paying taxes. This is Trump et al saying he should not pay taxes. I guess the rich ( who already don’t serve in the military) should not pay taxes so that the rest of the country can pay for its own protection. Personally, then people should not pay rent on the buildings they own then. No, they wouldn;t go for that. And did they forget- that without their workers they would have no business. There are also rich people who are perplexed as to why congress is fighting for them to pay no taxes. Anybody like them and the banksters should be tried for treason! Ryan is nothing but a whiny Howdy Doody look alike!

Raw power or the pursuit of it I think has already been defined as a mental illness.

Economic History Shows Clearly That Tax Cuts for Rich Hurt the Economy

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/robert-creamer/economic-history-shows-cl_b_786643.html

Here is a good example clearly showing the contrast between the Clinton years with no tax cuts for the rich in contrast to the GW Bush years with tax cuts for the rich. Tax cuts for the rich and super rich tends to stagnate the economy because that money tends to be spent, saved and invested offshore. In contrast, tax cuts for the middle class and working class invariably getting spent or saved onshore in American banks that invest in America.

Let Trump be an example of the decadence of the super rich. His worth last year was $3.5 billion dollars, but after of his exploitation of tax loopholes, offshore savings and investing in offshore shell companies, HE PAID NO TAXES. His involvement in offshore shell companies resulted in his name appearing in the Panama Papers over 3,500 times. The Panama Papers was all about the offshore shell company scams of our rich and famous. Offshore shell companies are basically not companies at all, just investment in a corporate name so you can keep your millions and billions of dollars where it will not be taxed at all. Trump even OWNS offshore shell companies. DO WE HAVE A TAX EVASION ROLE MODEL FOR A PRESIDENT?

Hey progressives, how about shutting down the tax avoidance scams? Apple Corporation is currently the largest scammer out there. Once ya teach Apple a lesson, the rest will be as easy as pie.

Remember that like you and me, Trump refuses to expose his tax returns. And this tax con man is going to initiate tax reform? Give me a break!

Very true. The oligarchs, of that time period, initiated what would be called a false flag today. I was speaking about a real tax revolt, not a phony one. Thanks.

You are correct that Tax Cuts for the Rich actually hurt the economy and do not “trickle down” to the rabble, but,what no one is talking about is the true national debt, once all off-balance-sheet debt is taken into account. This past week, there appeared such an article, which, if I remember correctly, stated that the true U.S. national debt is on the order of $291 trillion. If I can locate that article during the next couple of days, I’ll post it here. This article states that Bill Clinton greatly increased the amount of debt that was taken on off-balance-sheet. If you remember, this type of hidden off-balance-sheet activity is what caused Enron’s collapse.

Additionally, I do want to point out that Robert Creamer’s article that you linked included the following erroneous statement:

(Bill Clinton’s) economic policy eliminated the federal deficit and left his successor — George Bush — with budget surpluses projected as far as the eye could see.

This oft-repeated myth was thoroughly debunked in 2007 in the following article:

The Myth of the Clinton Surplus – Oct 31, 2007 – Craig Steiner – CraigSteiner.US
While not defending the increase of the federal debt under President Bush, it’s curious to see Clinton’s record promoted as having generated a surplus. It never happened. There was never a surplus and the facts support that position. In fact, far from a $360 billion reduction in the national debt in FY1998-FY2000, there was an increase of $281 billion.

Fiscal
Year ------- Year Ending —National Debt — --- Deficit
FY1993 — 09/30/1993 — $4.411488 trillion
FY1994 — 09/30/1994 — $4.692749 trillion — $281.26 billion
FY1995 — 09/29/1995 — $4.973982 trillion — $281.23 billion
FY1996 — 09/30/1996 — $5.224810 trillion — $250.83 billion
FY1997 — 09/30/1997 — $5.413146 trillion — $188.34 billion
FY1998 — 09/30/1998 — $5.526193 trillion — $113.05 billion
FY1999 — 09/30/1999 — $5.656270 trillion — $130.08 billion
FY2000 — 09/29/2000 — $5.674178 trillion — $17.91 billion
FY2001 — 09/28/2001 — $5.807463 trillion — $133.29 billion

As can clearly be seen, in no year did the national debt go down, nor did Clinton leave President Bush with a surplus that Bush subsequently turned into a deficit.

There are a lot of people out there in la la land that while are uncomfortable are still insulated from the general decline in society. The impacts indirectly affect them or so they think because they are not paying attention or if they are still have a comfort level that doesn’t require changing. Food is degraded, education is degraded, healthcare is degraded all those things take a long time to actually fail. Well, we are at that point where the affects will impact everyone and in a very direct way Some already know this and some are just finding out or caring enough to find out.

May they learn what guillotines are for up close and personal!

That isn’t true of the original tea party in the Boston Harbor – remember ‘taxation without representation’ – we’re back there now (bigly) …

What the likes of Apple and Boeing and Conoco have bought for themselves is representation without taxation—and it’s still tyranny.

Either way, we have legal precedence for what must be done:

“That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness. Prudence, indeed, will dictate that Governments long established should not be changed for light and transient causes; and accordingly all experience hath shewn that mankind are more disposed to suffer, while evils are sufferable than to right themselves by abolishing the forms to which they are accustomed. But when a long train of abuses and usurpations, pursuing invariably the same Object evinces a design to reduce them under absolute Despotism, it is their right, it is their duty, to throw off such Government, and to provide new Guards for their future security.”

You mean Eddie Munster look alike.