Home | About | Donate

As Long As Rights Are Trampled, There Will Be Forced Migration

As Long As Rights Are Trampled, There Will Be Forced Migration

Father Roy Bourgeois, Margaret Knapke

Jorge García is no “bad hombre.” Before being deported to Mexico in mid-January, he was a hard-working, tax-paying landscaper in Michigan. He’s also a husband and father — although now an absent one.

I wonder though why refugees whose nations have been so badly and deadly treated by the US would seek safety there.

Do you also wonder why people jump out of burning buildings?

He has a valid point, ever been to native american reservation?

Immigration has been broken for a longtime along with a lot of other things. I read some positive accounts of people returning to Mexico as well. But, the issue of expectation is important. And, yes I do think Dreamers have been betrayed but part of a bigger issue that led to millions of people here without legal status.

The slaughter of innocents around the world under the guise of ‘stopping communism’ or protecting corporate thievery continues today. The U.S. has invaded or overthrown govts in more than 50 countries since WW2 and even now our military is active in 33 of the 50 countries in Africa. Yet the corrupt congress and media decry the 'Russian interference" in the election of 2016. How disgustingly hypocritical are we ? The evil Empire and the main proponent of violence in the world today is none other than the ‘land of the free and the home of the …’ Sad