Home | About | Donate

As Markups on GOP's Disastrous Healthcare Plan Get Underway, Resistance Demands Transparency

As Markups on GOP's Disastrous Healthcare Plan Get Underway, Resistance Demands Transparency

Andrea Germanos, staff writer

As two House committees on Wednesday take up Republicans' plan to repeal and replace the Affordable Care Act (ACA), the Indivisible team is urging constituents to put pressure on their members of Congress and demand transparency regarding the proposal dubbed "a toxic prescription for healthcare."

The republican party is a clear and present danger to our country. I propose that we designate one state as a sanctuary from sanity, exile all republicans there, give them all the guns they want, take away their money, and then let them live out their law of the jungle fantasies to their tiny hearts' desires. Idaho seems the perfect choice, but, we must build a wall around the entire state to prevent republicans from ever staining our country again.

Where is the demand on single payer healthcare for all now? What is the "Resistance's" doing about it?

Trumpcare will result in no reduction of cost to US taxpayers compared to the ACA, however, instead of Murkins in need of medical services benefiting from taxpayers' dollars, corporate welfare recipients will get the biggest benefits. Not to mention that Speaker Ryan made sure Trumpcare raids $346 billion out of Medicare funds to assure that Medicare is soon in dire financial straits so Ryan can point out what a failure it is and how it needs to be privatized.

In particular, please ask your MoCs to make sure Title I section 103 is deleted. That's the one carefully and specifically designed to break Planned Parenthood. From pp.2-4 of the PDF posted at readthebill.gop:

Title I Sec 103 (a)
“for the 1-year period beginning on the date of the enactment of this Act, no Federal funds provided from a program referred to in this subsection that is considered direct spending for any year may be made available to a State for payments to a prohibited entity….”

“(b) Definitions.—In this section:
“(1) PROHIBITED ENTITY.—The term ‘prohibited entity’ means an entity, including its affiliates, subsidiaries, successors, and clinics—
“(A) that, as of the date of enactment of this Act—
“(i) is an organization described in section 501(c)(3) …;
“(ii) is an essential community provider described in section 156.235 of title 45, Code of Federal Regulations …, that is primarily engaged in family planning services, reproductive health, and related medical care; and
“(iii) provides for abortions, other than an abortion—
“(I) if the pregnancy is the result of an act of rape or incest; or
“(II) in the the case where a woman … as certified by a physician, place the woman in danger of death unless an abortion is performed…; and
“(B) for which the total amount of Federal and State expenditures under the Medicaid program … in fiscal year 2014 made directly to the entity and to any affiliates, subsidiaries, successors, or clinics of the entity, or made to the entity and to any affiliates, subsidiaries, successors, or clinics of the entity as part of a nationwide health care provider network, exceeded $350,000,000.”

It is actually written only as an edit to the ACA and other various legislation and regulation, making Spicer's comparison of the 2 piles of paper ridiculous.

Kakistocrat for President!

Wait a minute! There are a lot (not the majority, but many) of independents and dums living in Idaho! Might I suggest Louisiana or Alabama? Or better yet, let's ship them off to an island off the shore of Japan where they can suck up some radiation.

I suppose that no matter where republicans finally end up, some sacrifices will have to be made by the locals who will be most affected by the infestation. There are good people everywhere, and nobody ever really deserves a plague of republicans. The ideal place would have to be uninhabited by any humans or animals. Or, perhaps we could sequester them all on Cliven Bundy's ranch, or Ted Nugent's estate. The wall is essential, however, and I would gladly pay some more in taxes to see it built.

How about sending them to their island tax shelters where we won't have to hear from them at all?