Home | About | Donate

As Momentum Grows, Yet Another Early Voting State in Play for Sanders

As Momentum Grows, Yet Another Early Voting State in Play for Sanders

Deirdre Fulton, staff writer

White House hopeful Bernie Sanders, his fervent supporters, and his call for political revolution are likely making Hillary Clinton nervous in yet another early voting state, according to news reports on Thursday.

The Nevada caucuses on February 20 are the U.S. third primary, which, as the Guardian notes, makes the state "crucial for a candidate hoping to build momentum."

Bernie sees the issues, with a long history of making correct choices in his Congressional and Senate votes.

Yes, it bothers me that he voted for ACA, without the public option provision, in 2010. He addresses that betrayal in every speech he makes.

Iowa caucuses are in 3 weeks, and I support Bernie as he stands out on the issues of our day.

Given the consistency of his record, Sanders is far less of a gamble than any other candidate. Las Vegans recognize that.

As has been pointed out, Trump gets 100X the media time/coverage that Mr. Sanders obtains.

Imagine if Sanders was able to REALLY speak to the American public... and not in 2-minute sound-bytes?

What individual does not want to see:

1. The big banks roped in
  2. Fairer tax policies
  3. Wall St. transactions taxed to produce money for lower college tuition (if any)
  4. Protections to the Social Safety Net
  5. Decent treatment of ALL citizens--starting with Black Lives Matter
  6. Universal health CARE as opposed to complicated forms of extortion led by Insurance companies
  7. A viable minimum wage

If Mr. Sanders got that mandate (presuming the vote count isn't mickey-moused, or his life put in jeopardy)... from THERE, he could begin to challenge the hegemonic controls of the Big Energy oligarchs and the MIC, as well.

No one is saying what needs to be said, and certainly not on ALL counts. But Sanders says a LOT that's overdue, worthwhile, and would vastly improve the lives of countless U.S. citizens.

" His call for a political revolution are likely making Hilliary Clinton nervous."

If that is true, that is great news!

Hi, Endgame, Just wish my health insurance were affordable and accessible; it is neither. It has demonstrated how greedy and corrupt is the US health insurance industry, with its political enablers; that was my point.

said Erin Bilbray.

I talk a lot to my old dentist in the town where I used to own a home. It is a suburb of NY, inhabited by a financially well endowed population of people whose bread winners work on Wall Street and in other locations around Manhattan and Jersey City where high paying jobs are situated. He is gifted in his ability to engage his patients in conversation when they don't have drilling devices hanging from their mouths. He told me he had done some unsolicited straw polling as to who they were inclined to vote for without referencing party affiliation. He informed me that the majority of them - young and old and people he would expect to be Republicans and would not be inclined to bite the hand that feeds them - said it would be Sanders.

Who would think?

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I have to say I am a little skeptical about this gathering momentum stuff in Nevada. I can only find two polls. The first one in early October had Bernie trailing Hillary by 16 points and the second poll at the end of December had him trailing by 23 points. So how does Politico conclude that it appears Bernie is gathering momentum?

Hillary has a current 11% lead in California but doesn't even crack the 50% mark. Even with her free network publicity, name recognition and Hollywood connections. And, that's with Boxer & Feinstein, Sanchez, et al pushing hard for her. Sen. Sanders has to get by the DNC rigged game on Southern Super Tuesday. Nevada has a big union presence in Las Vegas and the rank and file members are more prog/populist than their leaders, too.. Besides, with Raul G. supporting Bernie, the Hispanic working class voters will understand the role of Wall St. on their personal " kitchen table " issues. Bernie is doing quite well at this stage, I think. Hillary thinks so, too, I'm guessing.

Well if Bernie gets in maybe he can give an Executive Order mandating Single-payer?

Yes, Giovanna, I'd love that to be the case, but it is not quite that simple. First an organizational and administrative framework will have to be put in place. also in order to establish an American system comparable to the European ones, the problem with the horrendously liability settlements will have to be addressed. The present insurance system is just as fraudulent as the Financial system as are the pharmaceutical industry and the FDA as well.

All of that will have to be dismantled to at least some degree. Remember the 1 million dollar settlement that lady received from McDonalds for scalding her thighs? It was a huge coup for the Insurance industry!

All of that needs to happen and I doubt, that it can happen in even two terms.

Billin,

So you're saying you want the ACA to have failed to pass?

Kucinich voted for it too.

Bill-

That's a different point and medical insurance wasn't cheap and easy in 2008 either.

You really need to watch the documentary "Hot Coffee" before you go claiming "that lady got a million bucks".

Didn't happen. She was dead.

And McDonald's ignored the seriousness of the over heated coffee for years. Hers was far from the first suit.

I will watch it, is you will give me a link (and if it does not go on for ever), But my point is not if she actually received the loot, but that the insurance policy mad a fortune out of this case.

Question for Bernie:

Will he support Presidential candidate Harry Braun's "Democracy Amendment" giving the public the authority to endorse or veto all legislation?

Who's paying you to play Columbo... while planting doubts around Sanders at every turn?

Just a few of your latest PARROT impersonations:

Lrx:
There are numerous good ideas that should be carried out. However, at the moment I think in general Americans are more concerned about being tough on ISIS than on Wall Street. Bernie may have a lot of great ideas at the wrong time with regard to the primaries.

Lrx:
Did we really need this poll to tell us there is a partisan divide on this issue? Is that supposed to be news?

Lrx:
I have to say I am a little skeptical about this gathering momentum stuff in Nevada. I can only find two polls. The first one in early October had Bernie trailing Hillary by 16 points and the second poll at the end of December had him trailing by 23 points. So how does Politico conclude that it appears Bernie is gathering momentum?

Has a sitting President ever not run for re-election? I don't know, but I sort of feel that Sanders would be quite happy with one term. I also think it would be enough. The mere fact of his being elected would show that the American people have had enough of money running the country. Remember, I'm mad as hell and not going to take it any more? Sort of like that.

Yes. EVERYONE must watch Hot Coffee. I am still upset about it. Bush and Chenny play themselves in this documentary,,,,And yes. They are as evil as you would expect.