Home | About | Donate

As Mueller Delivers 'Impeachment Referral' to Congress, Calls for House Democrats to Act Grow Louder

As Mueller Delivers 'Impeachment Referral' to Congress, Calls for House Democrats to Act Grow Louder

Eoin Higgins, staff writer

On Wednesday, Special Counsel Robert Mueller closed the investigation he was tasked to lead in 2017, announcing the end of the process, and his career, to the public in a 9 minute statement that put the onus for the next step—impeachment—on the House.

Mueller and his team never considered charging the president with a crime, he told reporters, because of DOJ guidelines that state the president cannot be indicted.

Well, Madam Speaker, what say you?

Tick-tock, tick-tock…

7 Likes

It is almost adorable how they keep pretending to be ruled by laws.

12 Likes

Answer: Impeachment is off the table because of:_____ fill in the blank!

4 Likes

So why again was this guy Mueller hired to find criminal actions and collusion on this traitor of a President? He says it’s all up to Congress now? So this Report has nothing to do with the People at all? Why did we Pay for all of it? This has been a set up from the start as we were lied to about this sham of an investigation. We got ripped off… again! Also, if no faction of Govt can bring charges against Trump, who can?

6 Likes

Bring on the kabuki show.

3 Likes

“I have the Goods on Trump and he has the Goods on me, so I’d better keep my mouth shut” says Nancy.

4 Likes

One more time…get out while the getting is good. No, I will not advise you where to go, nor suggest how. Just go.

Remember Obama sued to whine about how he needed to get republicans on board to even wipe his butt?
They still think that sells.

3 Likes

Ok Here

Huff Post: House Leadership, 2020 Dems Split On Impeachment After Mueller Statement

“If any other American committed these acts, they would be indicted and prosecuted,” one Democratic lawmaker said.

1 Like
6 Likes

Doncha get the impression that the Dem ‘leadership’ are cowards?

3 Likes

Some Les Moonves-type character should also be in the cartoon.

1 Like

Same thing happened on 911 inquiry the JFK assassination investigation etc…

1 Like

Impeachment is a red herring.

Remember, the Republicans control the Senate, and despite Justin Amash, the Republican Senate is NOT going to remove a Republican President.

The Democrats need to focus on a platform for 2020 besides “Trump Sucks”, otherwise they’re going to have the same broad appeal that Hillary did.

7 Likes

That strategy didn’t work to well for Clinton in 2016 and I expect it will have the same results in 2020.

What the Senate may or may not do is not the business or the responsibility of the House. The House has the constitutional responsibility to conduct impeachment hearings and submit their recommendation to the Senate.

Further, if they continue to shrug their constitutional responsibilities, they will lose again in 2020. Mueller handed them 400 pages of evidence and today basically told them it was now their responsibility to begin impeachment proceedings.

4 Likes

Charade (definition): ‘an absurd pretense intended to create a pleasant or respectable appearance’.
The entire Mueller investigation fits that description…

1 Like

And many many dims should be sent to The Hague for war crimes as well (Clinton, Obama, Biden, and others) but that isn’t going to happen either. Hypocrisy abounds amongst the playful politicians in Washington D.C., it is all a game to them. Whose up whose down, no real difference, all a big show, as the plutocracy known as America supports and arms the most oppressive governments throughout the world and ignores the climate crisis.

Why It’s A Mistake For Progressives To Impeach Trump

4 Likes