Home | About | Donate

As Mulvaney Claims 'Absolute Immunity,' Witness Testimony Reveals Chief of Staff's Central Role in Trump Quid Pro Quo

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/11/08/mulvaney-claims-absolute-immunity-witness-testimony-reveals-chief-staffs-central

Sgt. At Arms in 3…2…1 Knock knock…who’s there?

Yep, I’m dreamin’…

5 Likes

Absolute immunity my ass! He claims to be above the law? Send a squad of Congressional police to secure his arrest, lock him up, and let the pos rot until he cooperates!

7 Likes

He’ll lie his ass off under oath anyway. Fuck him.

4 Likes

Nancy, please, arrest this criminal and throw him in prison.

3 Likes

Mulvaney is desperate to avoid having to commit perjury in front of a national TV audience.

8 Likes

What an understatement of a headline. These people are not being sneaky about their actions. They are being corrupt assholes right in front of us. The hiding of the truth will get them, at worst, a pardon or a short vacation in a country club jail.

2 Likes

Everything a thief does is secret so publicizing the trial beneath the hot lights is essential. They will turn on one another and I believe it is going to be spectacular. I think Trump’s tax returns may be revealed during the impeachment trials. Trump the maggot just paid $2 million for robbing his own charity he said was for veterans. The Pig is being impeached. I want them to lie under oath, squirm when they lie and look over their shoulders forever. They already do, the cost of being a thief. Lock them UP! Televise it daily and make them testify under oath. Take our country back and then we can sanitize the DNC because we’re just too big to fail. FIGHT.

5 Likes

Absolute immunity?

The bad news. Hillary kept coming back to testify over and over at republican hearings. The good news, via present day refusals to testify by republicans, means that imho democrats will never again have to belittle themselves at a partisan republican hearing. The precedent has been set, the gauntlet thrown down, and middle finger energized.

1 Like

If he claims absolute immunity, should we test whether he is immune to Ebola, HIV, and several more deadly viruses?

2 Likes

Katie Phang says:
“What LEGAL fresh hell is this??”

Katie and the rest apparently don’t know about republican law, it states the law is “what ever we say it is”.

Note to Mulvaney, hire a dam good lawyer, your gonna need it.

2 Likes

I certainly hope that the Democrats bring in Lawrence Tribe as counsel during the Impeachment of the Asshole in the White House.

2 Likes

Another example of what the GOP has sunk too. Waiting for you to get your just desserts.

2 Likes

Power not abused is power wasted.

2 Likes

The flip side of absolute immunity is vigilante justice.

2 Likes

Muck Milvaney has made all kinds of outlandish claims. His view that Trump is a “terrible human being” is the only believable thing he’s ever said.
Time to re-vamp Alcatraz to house all these Trumpanista criminals.

1 Like

Odd upon odd upon WTF? How is it that Mulvaney is permitted to ‘walk back’ his original comments anyway? Repubs (as all too often) got a free pass there but absolute immunity? Say it out loud and it sounds ridiculous. Absolute Immunity from what? From our laws is what!

Pelosi restricts the articles of impeachment to the barest minimum. Democrats might actually see the birth of a real third party (independents) after the election if they fail to impeach Trump. No person is above our laws. We are not a monarchy with absolute immunity.

1 Like

For what they have done and continue to do, people like this belong in prison, or in another country - certainly not in this one.

Start, then, with Bill and Hillary, for whom quid pro quo has always been standard procedure. Quid pro quo? What else is the U.S. system of bribery (the Clinton Foundation) (Saudi Arabia, Israel) and savage warfare (there’s not enough room here to list the governments our CIA has overthrown) based upon? Please. You are all so full of it. There are real reasons to impeach Donald Trump. That stupid telephone conversation is not one of them and NO ONE knows that better than the Democrats who are using this as a distraction while they fund-raise, bitch, and avoid governing.

1 Like