Home | About | Donate

As Nation Mourns 100,000 Dead, Trump Goes Golfing

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/05/23/nation-mourns-100000-dead-trump-goes-golfing

8 Likes

“US President Donald Trump walks from a SUV upon return to the White House in Washington, DC on May 23, 2020. - Trump returned to the White House after spending the day at his Virginia golf club.”

Doesn’t he get tired?

3 Likes

And:

Famously, on the campaign trail in 2016 he told supporters: “I’m going to be working for you. I’m not going to have time to go play golf.”

13 Likes

Tired? Tired of watching his favorite Faux News? Of playing golf? Of tuning out Americans problems?? Of thinking about himself?? Of how he can revenge another political enemy or that someone who won’t kiss his ass everyday??

This is all that 45 the sociopathic/narcissist dreams of doing day after day. This is exactly what 45 wants to do everyday.

10 Likes

Oh, and let’s not forget how he droned on griping every chance he got, and his Rethuglicon buddies complained about how much time Obama played golf???

13 Likes

Doesn’t he get tired?

That’s what is so great about Donald’s secret to keep going all day long… take a couple of Hydroxychorquine pills for breakfast.

2 Likes

Well, that and Adderal

9 Likes

How can you get tired riding around in a golf cart? His only real exertion is when he tries to cheat by improving his lie (yes, that is a double entendres, masquerading as a pun).

10 Likes

Well you can’t. I was being sarcastic about him “walking” from an SUV upon his return to the WH. (Plus all that golfing.)

1 Like

On a certain level, we are harboring and encouraging this mentality.

3 Likes

Oh, sorry. I thought you were being sarcastic about all the energy he pours into his narcissism! My bad!

1 Like

Ah now i get the double entendre. Well yes narcissism/sociopathy/psychopathy must be quite exhausting. Having to remember which lies you told to whom and whether you really meant them or not.

3 Likes

I think he has an endless supply of nose candy;-)

4 Likes

Or tubes of glue in his pockets. (Cheapskate)

2 Likes

Nero fiddled while Rome was burning and Trump plays golf while America is burning!

12 Likes

I, too, have suspected he’s doing coke, given all that sniffing. Or, combining it with meth, which explains the raving Tweet storms and rambling inability to speak normally. In any event, mixing all those meds, legal or not, will burn out his kidneys and heart. Maybe he’ll be attacked by a rabbit while on the course(remember Jimmy Carter?).

3 Likes

Today I had to call telephone support about a household issue, and wound up speaking to Kansas City, where Cindy Lee asked how I was doing, so I told her it basically started out here in my Bay Area, so we’ve been locked down a long time, but we’re still taking it mighty seriously.

Then she shared that she has to report to the office on Monday (she was doing telephone-support work from home today). And since she lives with her octogenarian mother, she’d really rather not. I’m urging my new friend to press for an accommodation: because her household is vulnerable, they should let her continue to work from home a little longer…

It went on from there. It even got emotional. We need to look out for and speak out for each other, even instant friends, because we don’t have much else. That’s how it is down here on the ground, from Richmond, CA to Kansas City, MO. Trying to keep cheerful, people are so scared – some abashedly, as if there’s something unpatriotic about trying to stay alive.

16 Likes

It might be more a case of “luted” (no fiddles in Nero’s time apparently - but something like a lute) and “looted” in the case of dump.

4 Likes

Why would 100,000 dead americans bother him. He only thinks of himself and self-gain. He’s what do they call it…a winner.

6 Likes

It actually might be better than him focusing on his agenda. Any distraction would tend to benefit most americans and the world. Go ahead - golf 24/7 Trump and leave running the real world to the adults.

8 Likes