Home | About | Donate

As Nation Mourns 100,000 Dead, Trump Goes Golfing

Oh, sorry. I thought you were being sarcastic about all the energy he pours into his narcissism! My bad!

1 Like

Ah now i get the double entendre. Well yes narcissism/sociopathy/psychopathy must be quite exhausting. Having to remember which lies you told to whom and whether you really meant them or not.

3 Likes

I think he has an endless supply of nose candy;-)

4 Likes

Or tubes of glue in his pockets. (Cheapskate)

2 Likes

Nero fiddled while Rome was burning and Trump plays golf while America is burning!

12 Likes

I, too, have suspected he’s doing coke, given all that sniffing. Or, combining it with meth, which explains the raving Tweet storms and rambling inability to speak normally. In any event, mixing all those meds, legal or not, will burn out his kidneys and heart. Maybe he’ll be attacked by a rabbit while on the course(remember Jimmy Carter?).

3 Likes

Today I had to call telephone support about a household issue, and wound up speaking to Kansas City, where Cindy Lee asked how I was doing, so I told her it basically started out here in my Bay Area, so we’ve been locked down a long time, but we’re still taking it mighty seriously.

Then she shared that she has to report to the office on Monday (she was doing telephone-support work from home today). And since she lives with her octogenarian mother, she’d really rather not. I’m urging my new friend to press for an accommodation: because her household is vulnerable, they should let her continue to work from home a little longer…

It went on from there. It even got emotional. We need to look out for and speak out for each other, even instant friends, because we don’t have much else. That’s how it is down here on the ground, from Richmond, CA to Kansas City, MO. Trying to keep cheerful, people are so scared – some abashedly, as if there’s something unpatriotic about trying to stay alive.

16 Likes

It might be more a case of “luted” (no fiddles in Nero’s time apparently - but something like a lute) and “looted” in the case of dump.

4 Likes

Why would 100,000 dead americans bother him. He only thinks of himself and self-gain. He’s what do they call it…a winner.

6 Likes

It actually might be better than him focusing on his agenda. Any distraction would tend to benefit most americans and the world. Go ahead - golf 24/7 Trump and leave running the real world to the adults.

8 Likes

Don’t forget - hypocrites always have double standards.

1 Like

Gives new meaning to "shop till you drop."

1 Like

Wasn’t that rabbit swimming? Anyway, no self respecting bunny would go near the tangerine tyrant.

By CNN’s count, this was the president’s 357th visit to one of his properties and his 265th trip to one of his golf clubs during his presidency.

And guess who is paying for his trips??

US America claims to have fought a “Revolutionary” war to rid itself of the monarchy and the aristocracy only to see an unqualified cretin as wannabe king and a Congress as the new “aristocracy” owned by the corporations and convinced that paying taxes is only for us “commoners”. Of course, as Gerald Horne’s meticulously researched book, The Counter Revolution of 1776, a central reason was to keep the institution of slavery as England was agitating to rid itself of this same institution. So no surprise if it all was a myth as all the rest.

9 Likes

Our beloved @webwalk recommended Horne’s Apocalypse to me long ago. I’ve read many history books, and this one might be the very best. It certainly helped orient me to Anglo-American exceptionalism, some ideas of where it comes from. The full title is a mouthful and a half:

The Apocalypse of Settler Colonialism: The Roots of Slavery, White Supremacy and Capitalism in Seventeenth Century North America and the Caribbean (2018)

Whew!

4 Likes

Yes but while on the golf course he is probably harmless; if he concentrates on his game he won’t fuck us over until he gets back to the WH.

I would love to see a large bird drop a big gooey one on his ugly head; that would make my day and most of the rest of the country. A goose could do the job nicely, maybe a whole flock-carpet bombing.

8 Likes

If that happened, he would have all the secret servicemen fired for not doing enough to protect him.

1 Like

Your question can be read in more than one way. So, here goes…

Hmmm…pretty sure they won’t be, though, to answer your question: because they’re dead?

1 Like

Yea- cute reponse. Maybe the spirits of 100,000 americans could haunt Trump, drive him totally insane and out of the White House.

4 Likes

Each golf outing cost the American taxpayer approx. $600,000 for flight and protection, and perks. Multiply it up and scream! Around $160,000,000.

2 Likes