Home | About | Donate

As Palestinians Mark 71st Anniversary of Mass Eviction, Trump's Ambassador to Israel Claims Country Is 'On the Side of God'

As Palestinians Mark 71st Anniversary of Mass Eviction, Trump's Ambassador to Israel Claims Country Is 'On the Side of God'

Julia Conley, staff writer

Further solidifying human rights advocates' fears that the Trump administration's policy on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict is solely focused on satisfying the Israeli government, a top U.S. diplomat in the region suggested Tuesday that Israel's authority in the Middle East is God-ordained.

4 Likes

Exactly “what God” is it this piece of shit is referring to? Sounds like the god of destruction and death, all this crazy, insane shit is not going to end well.

3 Likes

Whether people are willing to admit it or not, Israel is destroying the prospects for a two-state solution, one illegal settlement at a time.

At this critical juncture, since it appears that US officials will likely continue being handcuffed by the likes of AIPAC and their Christian fundamentalist allies, we should be supporting grassroots efforts like BDS.

BDS will either save the two-state solution by encouraging Israelis to stop building settlements, or if they continue, it will facilitate a one-state one like it did in South Africa.

Either way, BDS provides the best way to move forward in order to change the status quo.

5 Likes

I have been watching and commenting on this for two decades and I think I know where it is going. Israel takes the land, Palestinians die, and nobody does a thing about it.

3 Likes

It didn’t help when Trump cut all funding for the United Nations Relief and Works Agency for Palestine Refugees (UNRWA) last year. The fascist-zionist disease has metastasized into a full blown threat to us all. I still support the BDS movement even if it is a crime in 25 states to do so.

Superstition is a terrible thing to base policy on.

2 Likes

So God, in her infinite wisdom, saw to the slaughter of millions of Jews to set up the survivors with their own state where everyone who isn’t Jewish is either a second-class citizen or basically imprisoned.

They say God works in mysterious ways, but at least we solved this mystery.

4 Likes

Oh my name it ain’t nothin’, my age it means less
The country I come from is called the Midwest
I was taught and brought up there, the laws to abide
And the land that I live in has God on its side

Oh the history books tell it, they tell it so well
The cavalries charged, the Indians fell
The cavalries charged, the Indians died
Oh the country was young with God on its side

The Spanish-American War had its day
And the civil war too was soon laid away
And the names of the heroes, I was made to memorize
With guns in their hands and God on their side

The First World War boys, it came and it went
The reason for fightin’, I never did get
But I learned to accept it, accept it with pride
For you don’t count the dead when God’s on your side

The Second World War came to an end
We forgave the Germans and then we were friends
Though they murdered six million in the ovens they fried
The Germans now too have God on their side

I’ve learned to hate Prussians all through my whole life
If another war comes it’s them we must fight
To hate them and fear them, to run and to hide
And accept it all bravely with God on my side

But now we got weapons of chemical dust
If fire them we’re forced to, then fire them we must
One push of the button and a shot the world wide
And you never ask questions when God’s on your side

Through a many dark hour I’ve been thinkin’ about this
That Jesus Christ was betrayed by a kiss
But I can’t think for you, you’ll have to decide
Whether Judas Iscariot had God on his side

So now as I’m leavin’, I’m weary as hell
The confusion I’m feelin’, ain’t no tongue can tell
The words fill my head and fall to the floor
That if God’s on our side he’ll stop the next war

Organized religion is causing more harm than good.

3 Likes

Excellent Post
Thank You

I am getting Real Sick of patriarchal old farts resurrecting evangelical colonialism

2 Likes

I assume he is referring to the old testament God. That was one mean dude and not my God. I prefer the New, Jesus son of God, God, Israel is not representative of the Jewish people I know. Israel and Trump have managed to alienate every civilized democracies country on the globe. Knuckle draggers love them. Democracies fear them. Mentally challenged leaders with nukes are scary.

So Mr. Friedman: I think you are very weird. You say God gave the land to Israel and so—why did God crash the Israeli moon lander into the moon? Wow, God wouldn’t even let them land—so what was the message do you suppose—or is there a different God on the moon…oh wait I think It’s a Chinese lady and a rabbit, isn’t it ? Well riddle me this—Hitler killed the Jews because…" Can you clear this up----- so because of that now the Israeli Jews are killing the Palestinians? Wait what do the People of Palestine have to do with Hitler? Wouldn’t God be bombing Germany then? NO wait—Germany gave Israel a lot of money after the war—oh— so because the Palestinians have no money to give up along with their land—they get burned alive in their homes—because of course the word, Holocaust means a burning…I have asked this before, but of all the places in the Middle East, why did Israel’s God seem to give them the only ME land without oil? Oh, Mr Friedman, does anything I’ve said make sense, because nothing you said makes sense at all.

2 Likes

The murderers of Christ are on the side of God?

1 Like

Jesus explicitly stated he did NOT repudiate the Old Testament god.

And that whole Hell bullshit comes from the New Testament.

If that god shows up in my neighborhood I will slap the smirk off of it.

2 Likes