Home | About | Donate

As Pandemic Rages, Trump Admin. Approves Tennessee's "Reckless" Plan to Slash Medicaid

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2021/01/10/pandemic-rages-trump-admin-approves-tennessees-reckless-plan-slash-medicaid

2 Likes

Ugh. Seamy Vermin.

Nice import, that one.

Maybe he figures kicking the poor harder will make him some of his old friends back.

7 Likes

Yeah, a photo of a soulless human being for sure, at least I think she’s human. Created havoc in Indiana’s Medicare program and helped people die early with her policies, then someone on Trumps team decided “we need that, bring her to Washington”. May the fleas of a thousand camels infest her body.

9 Likes

Our planet and all her species needs healing not more hate. On with evolution and life affirming sentiments!

5 Likes

To paraphrase Gandhi: ONLY THE HEAT OF LOVE CAN MELT THE ICE OF HATE.

8 Likes

Impeach, Pelosi, impeach. As soon as possible. This guy ain’t gonna resign.

4 Likes

This is Tennessee folks. These backward assed racists voted for this. They voted for fascism, they voted for a caste system. They voted to keep black people poor at all costs.
Let them choke on it.
Oh, and if you’re a progressive, or are black, or a woman, and you still live in Tennessee? I feel pity for you no longer. The state of Tennessee and the rest of its troglodyte electorate has all but told you that you are not even second class citizens. If you stay now what ever happens to you, well, sorry.

4 Likes

Let us hope that the Republican party becomes so fractured and impotent from Trump’s reign of error/terror that such reckless disregard for the nation’s citizenry can never be regained. The NeverTrumpers can duke it out with his sycophants, hopefully splitting into two parties, the second of which will never again go to the polls with Hair Führer not there to tell them what to do. The bastard needs a wooden stake on fire driven through what passes for his heart–preferably yesterday.

2 Likes

Tennessee’s nickname is 'the Volunteer State." I guess Trump just volunteered them all to lack of healthcare and early death.

3 Likes

The only thing they “volunteer” for in Tennessee is to be stupid. And the line is long.

1 Like

Human or not, she has what lizard D Trump is attracted to.

3 Likes

One thing that has consistently surprised me about the weak Democrats. They’ve never made an across-the-board effort to apply the label “Pro-Death” to the Republicans.

The Republicans have long used the lie that they are “Pro-life”. This of course was strictly limited to the unborn. After they are born, Republicans don’t give a damn if they starve to death or don’t have health care. Republicans also love wars that kill lots of people, love police that kill lots of people, and are very in favor of the state executing people (but never rich Republicans) for crimes.

During this pandemic, every single action the Republicans have taken as been to the end of killing as many people as possible. Call it a hoax. Promote quack medicines. Call it a Democrat plot. Organize and publicize heavily against basic protection methods like wearing a mask. Oppose any lock-downs that might limit the number of deaths. Follow deadly ‘herd immunity policies’.

The Republicans have firmly established themselves as the Pro-Death party.

This is nothing new, of course. Right-wingers have long favored the deaths of the old and the sick. The Nazi government in Germany took this to its eugenic, deadly extreme, but it is nothing new on the right. The phrase “useless eaters” is likely to appear among Pro-Death circles.

This is just yet another attempt by Pro-Death Republicans to kill as many people (who aren’t rich Republicans) as possible.

5 Likes

BTW, Trump’s life in New York City, enabled him to develop the art of dealing with prostitutes.

1 Like

Hi BigB:
Hmmm, well Tennessee was the last state to secede from the UNION—but on the other hand, they were the first state readmitted to the Union. That shows a learned lesson
ON THE REALLY POSITIVE SIDE , in 1962 the Supreme Court ruled that federal courts can challenge legislative appointment. And besides they have the Tennessee Waking Horse. : ) ( and no I am not from Tennessee nor have I ever been there. : )

1 Like

If one examines Trumps life, its pretty clear what he has failed at literally everything he has ever done. He realized a long time ago that he was an imbecile. But being a malignant narcissist he couldn’t allow for anyone in his orbit to be smarter than him (it went so far as his father, who always felt Donny was the “dumb” child, to spend his precious money on hiring a high priced babysitter for Donny, Roy Cohn. But Roy died too soon)
Surrounded by people clearly dumber than him, Donny has run every business he’s ever owned into the ground. Since daddy, and Roy Cohn died, poor dumb Donny has had to live grift to grift. And now we see the results of his administration being filled with sycophants every bit as dumb as Trump, but also every bit as ambitious. He still hasn’t realized that his hired help this last four years was grifting him
The USA is currently collapsing in a downward spiral of dumbness. Just look at Tennessee. Did we not all know it would end this way?

3 Likes

I have unfortunately been to Tennessee many times. It’s as though they stopped making calendars in 1952.
Tennessee’s people are dumb. But they are a special kind of dumb. They are a mean dumb.

1 Like

East Tennessee came very close to revolting and doing the same thing that West Virginia did to leave Virginia. Those mountains and valleys were never slave country, which really only worked on huge plantations. Central Tennessee and west Tennessee were slave country. At one point, Lee had to send a significant part of his army to East Tennessee to keep in in the Confederacy.

Me, I was on my motorcycle at age 17 getting the heck out of there. I’ve never looked back. Sometimes I miss the pretty countryside, but I’d never dream of moving back there again.

And, BTW, you’ll never admire the Tennessee Walking Horse once you see the cruelty that is required to get them to walk in that unnatural fashion.

2 Likes

My sister-in -law is a progressive, from Tennessee and she left there. But many people that still live there are too poor to leave.

5 Likes

Hi BigB;

I WAS BORN AND RAISED IN CA…and yet since Ronald Reagan, the entire nation has apparently lost a huge number of grey cells–collectively. And YET, like Tennessee HOPE springs Eternal that someday we will find a government Of , By and For the People in every state. : )

1 Like

Since Ronald Reagan, there has been a sustained and continued attack on both schools and teachers. Is it any surprise that decades later we are a noticeably dumber nation?

4 Likes