Home | About | Donate

As Pandemic Soars in US and Brazil, Red Cross Federation Chief Slams Trump and Bolsonaro for Anti-Science Responses

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/07/02/pandemic-soars-us-and-brazil-red-cross-federation-chief-slams-trump-and-bolsonaro

2 Likes

Fake democracies have consequences.

10 Likes

Indeed they do.

1 Like

Nowhere to run to, nowhere to hide, you can’t escape the expansion of this virus. Wear your mask or pay the price. Be smart America, or you just might die. Peace

2 Likes

US and Brazil are at the top: ~https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/ (fyi, scroll down to: daily reports, shows now, yesterday and two days ago, frequently updated throughout day)

1 Like

Mouthbreather-in-chief’s top secret tax payer subsidized Pharma contracts gonna make a killing especially after he gets US walled in.

Trump Must Be Removed. There Is No Other Option.

If Pence Drags His Dick, He Must Go Too.

Why has it taken almost 4 years to figure this out?

3 Likes

Trump and Bolsonaro likely speak very loudly when confronted with people who don’t speak English or Portuguese; they employ bluster instead of reason.

2 Likes

Some day both of you will be out of office, “I hope!”

Trump and Bolsonaro live in their own fascist world on a disk they mistake for planet Earth and perceive Science as a threat to the advancement of the ideology they worship…

4 Likes

I am absolutely against dick dragging in Amerika. We can’t have that here especially fascist dick dragging…:wink:

1 Like

I dunno. I have an image in mind of Dick Cheney being dragged behind a pick-up truck down a dirt road in Texas. It’s not a disturbing image–not by a long shot–but maybe I just don’t understand the term “fascist dick dragging.”

2 Likes

That’s an image I can live with…

I believe the United States is the first nation in history to go from First World to Second World status joining the BRIC economies of Brazil and India- but going in the opposite direction. Yet- sharing some of the some deficiencies that keep these nations in second word status including corrupt, authoritarian leadership, endemic racism, 3rd world levels of wealth inequality, a deteriorating infrastructure, a willful neglect of the environment, a weak health care system with rising mortality rates and a diminishing role on the world stage. The Covid pandemic fully exposes all of these weaknesses.

In this backdrop the US economy is headed to self-destruction. The populace seems confused, angry and sharply divided- with large numbers unable to discern public morality and decency- and worse- indifferent to the plight of themselves or their fellow citizens.

For four years we have had a Russian puppet as President. And it shows…

1 Like

Rumpdump is a puppet of the US ruling class. The US ruling class, obviously, has common interests with the Russian ruling class, and with ruling classes in most other nations. But to assert that rumpdump is a puppet of Russia is just absurd. There are plenty of global oligarchs/fascists to blame for rumpdump’s genocidal, ecocidal policies. Most of them hold US citizenship. Russian oligarchs/fascists are near the bottom of the list.

Genocide and ecocide have been practiced by US oligarchs/fascists since long before rumpdump came along. Rumpdump is just their latest tool. Blaming “Russia” for the destruction of the US is incredibly naive. It also makes Russia into a scapegoat for atrocities that are uniquely American. Russiagate is nothing more than a deflection from the crimes of the US ruling class.

4 Likes

Let’s add to that Mindless Consumerism.

2 Likes

I thought 4 years would never get here!! and I live in Canada. I’m almost willing to forgo our short summer and trade it for Election Day…

The sick cowardly Republican enabling party.

1 Like

Just a few days ago, 16 sick cowardly Democrats too became enablers.

Agreed?

We can never again be in denial that both parties work for the corporations.

1 Like