Home | About | Donate

As Panic Grips Clinton Campaign, The Real Question: What's Wrong with Hillary?

As Panic Grips Clinton Campaign, The Real Question: What's Wrong with Hillary?

Robert Borosage

Panic now grips the Clinton campaign. Polls show Bernie Sanders surging to a dramatic lead in New Hampshire and closing in Iowa.

What's wrong with Hillary? No love, just robot like naked greed and ambition.

Bernie is soaring beyond all expectations? Panic now grips the Clinton campaign?

If somehow Bernie could get the Democratic endorsement at the convention next summer Bernie would panic the GOP also; especially, if he runs against Trump, but the way I see it, what is wrong with HRC is she will do what ever it takes to throw Bernie under the political bus!

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

Dear Robert, please join us and come out for Bernie!

"She has universal name recognition, unparalleled experience, the support of the big money and the political gatekeepers, the Hollywood glitz, the best political operatives, the pollsters, the ad makers, the establishment policy mavens, and political press coverage."

This is part of what is wrong with her. These people's ideas are horrible and benefit THEM at the expense of everyone else. People are sick of the entire corrupt establishment. She could hold on for no other reason than she is a woman and people seem to think her gender should overcome the impact her policies will have on them (as if her gender will help a working person pay the bills) and they believe she is more "electable" (although the polls do not show that, just a DNC talking point). Never seen an election like this. I am waiting for her supporters to spell out in plain English why we should vote for her and not against the nuts on the right and they can't do that without referencing the nuts on the right and how horrible they are. Sick of politicians like her and her party.

"She has universal name recognition, unparalleled experience, the support
of the big money and the political gatekeepers, the Hollywood glitz,
the best political operatives, the pollsters, the ad makers, the
establishment policy mavens, and political press coverage"- and you're asking, "What's wrong with Hillary"???

I preferred Bernie to begin with, but did not really dislike Hillary until the Planned Parenthood and Human Rights Campaign endorsements. Of course I expected both organization to endorse the Democratic nominee once the dust settled (as they have historically). But their endorsements before the first primary vote infuriated me. The daughter of PP's president works for Hillary's campaign and the president of HRC worked for the Clintons in the White House. This is corrupt and high-handed and as a result I really deeply hate Hillary now.

Hillary reminds me of every Corp. suit I ever had the misfortune to have to deal with. She's the (D) version of Carly Fiorino. Put her in the WH and your going to get 4-8 yrs. more as bizness as usual ( AKA Corporatism.) The great majority of Americans can't wait anymore for REAL change that matters for them and their families. The feeling around the country is if things keep on in this direction very shortly we'll be seeing tin and cardboard slums replacing the suburbs of Bailey Park.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I'd echo most of the sentiments so far. Hillary can't help but pulling the trigger in her own personal game of Clinton Roulette.

What's been surprising to me is that she's not lying harder or more persistently than she is. She's certainly capable of matching Obama's ability to deceive. I'm largely stunned that she seems to think she can continue to defend elite power in speech after speech, debate after debate, and not pay a terrible political price for it! What's amazing isn't that she's tanking so hard. What's amazing is that there is still anyone with any self-respect that would still vote for the creature!

So my answer to the rhetorical question posed by the party hacks and sycophants at CAF is this: Everything.

Hillary is of the past, Bernie the present and future! Bernie's latest is awesome, enjoy.

Excellent article! It's only fitting that Clinton's poor choices and questionable ethics are starting to crumble her campaign. I truly believe that she isn't running for president because she cares about the futures of all Americans, she's running because she cares mostly about her future -- and her anointed place in history as America's first female president.

This single video may be the closting nail in HIllary's pro-corporate campaign. Check this out "Simon and Garfunkel" gave Bernie their incredible song "America." THIS IS THE BEST CAMPAIGN VIDEO EVER MADE IN HISTORY!!! It will move you powerfully. SHARE THIS LINK ON EVERY SOCIAL MEDIA SITE YOU CAN FIND ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nwRiuh1Cug

I think Hillary is old school politics and past her due date. She owes so many of the wealthy so much that she can never lead reform in banks, health, health insurance, education, taxes or building the middle class. It is interesting watching her and her spokespeople getting more shrill and aggressive towards Bernie Sanders. I think the message from this that comes across is that she a bit panicked. The more distorting and mean her campaign becomes the more it reinforces exactly the message Bernie is sending out. It strengthens his support.

"She made nearly as much ($2.8 million) speaking to health care industry interests": http://www.truth-out.org/news/item/34499-hillary-clinton-declares-war-on-single-payer-health-care

Actually, much better than most but not better even close to enough.

Hillary is for people who never worry about their next pay check.

I had a similar reaction to yours when I saw those endorsements,
and also, unfortunately, endorsements came from some unions.
Ugh!

People you have a choice... keep corruption and greed in our political system by voting for Hillary OR end corruption and greed in our political system by voting for BERNIE SANDERS. yes, BERNIE SANDERS and his voters are tired of corruption so please join us.

Hillary and I are of the same generation. For us, Geraldine Ferraro was the first female to run for office.
I worked for Obama, sitting in a booth in 2008 in a County Fair in Indiana. First time I got that involved in an election. I did not think about voting for Hillary then and won't vote for her now. This article is spot on! She is under the thumb of Goldman Sachs, among others. She worked hard on healthcare when she was first lady and I laud her for that. But she is not the same person anymore in my eyes. She has vast foreign policy experience but is way too hawkish for me.
She is great if the status quo is what we want. But the status quo is untenable