Home | About | Donate

As Push for Trump's Taxes Gains Steam, Promised GOP Tax Overhaul Falters

As Push for Trump's Taxes Gains Steam, Promised GOP Tax Overhaul Falters

Nika Knight, staff writer

As millions of Americans file their tax returns, and days after tens of thousands of marched to demand that President Donald Trump make his tax returns public, the president is still refusing to release his returns.

Mitt Romney put $105,000,000 tax free in a retirement account in 1 year. Regular people would have paid $40,000,000 in taxes ... your pervasively corrupt government at work for the 0.1%.

Read my lips (and I won't renege) and mark my words: NO tax returns NO tax reform.

The article states that Republicans as well as Democrats and Independents want to see Trump's tax returns. Well, they should have contacted their representatives, because the Republican controlled congress voted down the bill to require Trump to release his returns.

'...If he continues to follow the policy of not releasing his tax returns while under audit, then we'll never see any of these tax returns."' Huh, imagine that. 2+2 really does equal 4. And to think this while time I've been listening to Trump, Spicer and the media, I've been coming up with 5.