Home | About | Donate

As Sanders Slams Wall Street Elite, Clinton Ditches Iowa To Fetch Their Checks

As Sanders Slams Wall Street Elite, Clinton Ditches Iowa To Fetch Their Checks

Jon Queally, staff writer

Seemingly undeterred by the consistent critique that her close ties to the financial industry are hurting her campaign, The Intercept on Tuesday reports that with less than a week until the Iowa caucus, Hillary Clinton will soon leave the hotly-contested state to attend a pair of Wall Street-sponsored fundraising events.

According to The Intercept's Zaid Jilani:

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

It is very hard to overcome the inertia of the status quo, especially if they throw millions of dollars into the presidential contest.

I can honestly say I think Bon Jovi is really mediocre. ( Sort of like Hillary and her money/ideas/experience, etc. ) I wouldn't admit I owned any of his CDs. Or, that I owned CDs, really. I always took you for a much younger man. Who knew?:grin:

The closest "ties to the financial industry" Hillary has is her son-in-law.
"Chelsea Clinton, Hillary Clinton's daughter, is married to Marc Mezvinsky. Mezvinsky is not just a hedge fund manager, but a co-founder of a hedge fund."
Isn't it time we elect people who have a functional moral compass and work for the Common Good, not common greed? Critical civilian/public priorities are short-changed by not restoring fair, progressive taxation on the uber-wealthy - now, under corrupt lawmakers, they can live high on the hog and buy-up America cheap! ENOUGH!

If anyone thinks Hillary will do anything to rein-in hedge fund, Wall St, predator TBTF banks and other financial parasites, I have a very nice bridge in Brooklyn for sale.

People have to VOTE , and stop being so fearful and apathetic. It is hard to overcome the status quo as another poster said, and that it is hard to overcome the media drones. Go Bernie go! People, no matter what age you are, register to vote, and do so. We have a shockingly poor turnout for voters in the US. People forget , all people did not have the right to even vote until the 1960s! Now, go use your rights, and stop acquiesing to big money and fear. Hillary's son in law I believe works for Wall Street, and during her husband's last term in office, Wall Street was deregulated.
I am curious about how Bernie will do outside of our bubble in the Northeast.

Quite honestly , Hillary has been first lady, senator and secretary of state. She has a family, and is all set in life. What is she trying to prove? By the way, Noam Chomsky the great linguist and activist supports Sanders.

Clinton questions Bernie's medicare for all plan which actually saves money in the long run. Oh, by the way does anyone remember Whitewater?

Yes, just as I remember Slick Willy always telling us he feels our pain.

Watch the list of people who endorse and support Bernie sanders grow and grow........after he wins Iowa and new Hampshire more and more will commit their names and support to the real deal....

good ol hil wants to protect us from the 1% by collecting all that filthy money and putting it in a safe place so we wont be endangered by it

Clinton is nauseating, disgusting, seriously. Nothing more to say. Yuck.

I think the music of Simon and Garfunkel is SO much better!!

Bernie can't be bought.

Hillary already is - apparently on the installment plan.

On ABC News tonight, a teenager pleaded with Hillary Clinton to tell him that she's not corrupt. She replied that she has a lot of political experience. No, that didn't answer the guy's question.

Can someone explain why Martin O'Malley who has not received any Wall Street money, wants to breakup the big Wall Street banks, and has set a goal of a 100% clean energy grid by 2050 has received so little support.

Once you're bought.
Ya gotta stay bought! That's the racket.

Not a bad line. Can I use it?

He blah, blah, blahs like a politician. He's sort of a white Barack Obama. He talks the talk, but he doesn't walk the walk. Never has. Never will.

Clinton is not only a puppet of Wall Street. She is a chicken hawk.. there's never been a war, occupation or "regime change" in a Muslim country she hasn't supported.