Home | About | Donate

As Senate Hearings Begin, Calls to Block 'Trump Enabler' William Barr From Becoming Next AG

As Senate Hearings Begin, Calls to Block 'Trump Enabler' William Barr From Becoming Next AG

Jake Johnson, staff writer

With President Donald Trump's attorney general pick William Barr set to begin his first confirmation hearing before the Senate Judiciary Committee on Tuesday, progressive advocacy groups and legal experts are calling on senators to stop Barr from becoming the nation's top law enforcement official due to his long record of "abusing civil rights and liberties," supporting mass incarceration, and

1 Like

Trump continues to pursue all of the best people to raise my blood pressure. He just lets the Federalist Society and others of that ilk select the apparatchiks of his (mis-)administration. As I go about my day-to-day life I seldom feel the direct impacts of Trump’s combo platter of incompetence and malfeasance. That worries me greatly as I know that by the time it is noticeable at that level it will be too fucking late to truly correct the situation. The few of us who are truly paying attention and not just gulping down the bilge water of the M$M need to take action. I wish I knew what I could usefully do beyond simply trying to awaken those who I believe will be receptive to truth. With Pence on deck all I seem to be able to do is hope that Mueller bags a twofer.

3 Likes

Corporate capture, we have to get the government out of the corporate pocket not shove it further in.

0 Likes

Ya have to wonder where these slime bags come from. My guess is they come from under Rocks in the Swamp. Wonder what Mueller is thinking?

1 Like

If we want to see America spring to action, just watch if Pelosi becomes president by default. They will be coming out of the woodwork and from under rotten logs to burn Washington down.

1 Like

“progressive advocacy groups” would never spend valuable time on the Russia nonsense . . . .

0 Likes

"Barr told him that he and Mueller worked together when Barr was Bush’s attorney general between 1991 and 1993 when Mueller oversaw the DOJ’s criminal division. Graham added that the two men were “best friends” who have known each other for 20 years, and that their wives have attended Bible study together. "

Mueller is thinking “Thank God another establishment hack is here to help me spread this manure around!”

1 Like

The perfect pick by Trump!

0 Likes

To me, the most troubling aspect of Barr and his ilk is the tendancy to minimize or condone felonious, even treasonous conduct by those of his class—think a two-tiered justice system, like a cheap but gaudy weddding cake given as a sign of respect to the Godfather.

And if anybody suggests that Iran-Contra wasn’t treason, I have a shipment of covfefe to sell you.

4 Likes

Well it was not treason according to Trump’s lackey Barr, he pardoned many of the people guilty of treason in Iran-Contra. You can sell Barr a bunch of Trump’s ironic tweets!

0 Likes

The Dems are spinning their wheels again. His confirmation is assured. Just concentrate on blocking the administration from robbing the Treasury any further, protect the social safety net and get prepared for 2020.

No sense complaining about the current situation, lets take back control of government and send the bigoted republicans packing.

1 Like

Can’t Trump find a racist hack, who believes in ending the Drug War? it can’t be that hard, I live in the deep south, I know they exist.

0 Likes

Isn’t that nice? I love it.

0 Likes

Sequoia, you can’t do what you say. In Trump, White America found its White Trash Soul, and there is no going back.

0 Likes

“If we want to see America spring to action, just watch if Pelosi becomes president by default. They will be coming out of the woodwork and from under rotten logs to burn Washington down.”

Very true.

0 Likes

Repug senators like Cory Gardner, up for re-election in a blue state, are beginning to sniff the wind. Call as many senators as you can and demand rejection of Barr…who I think is even creepier than Elf Sessions…and that was pretty creepy.

0 Likes

William Barr, another Roman Catholic that has left of gone off the reservation and no longer remembers where it was. I liked it when the first statement out of Chuck mouth was announcing the lunch break to Mr. Barr. It might be good for the corpulent Barr to miss a meal, a few meals.

0 Likes