Home | About | Donate

As Susan Collins Announces 2020 Run With Familiar Claims of Centrism, Progressives Are 'Ready to Defeat Her'

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/12/18/susan-collins-announces-2020-run-familiar-claims-centrism-progressives-are-ready

3 Likes

I do Like Susan because she is spunky and cute.
The Kavanaugh vote by Susan was caused by california senator feinstein.
Who poisoned the well by causing Ms. Ford to reluctantly testify and providing the pro bono lawyers to get the job done.
Ms. Ford was certainly a terrified 14 year old girl who was abused by two rich kids.
Nothin new in that story.
It did take me awhile to recollect PTSD cases where the person does not remember details of their travel path. They only remember the action, other persons involved, and have recurring dreams.

The senate democrats did not investigate the judicial candidate as they should / could have. Lazy, going with one only when there may have been one more.

2 Likes

“The Kavanaugh vote by [ME Sen. Collins] was caused by california senator feinstein.”

Uh…no doubt you know what you mean…and that’s all that counts, “oldie”…

8 Likes

This is a test for the nation. Every woman who attended the womens” march and wore a pussy hat should donate to collin’s opponent.

6 Likes

This traitor’s face is as ugly as her policies and lack of character.
Let’s hope the voters purge her from office.

8 Likes

Collins’ “claims of centrism” may be correct considering how far to the right the center has moved during the past half century.

3 Likes

One day in the near future, an American President from the Nazi Party will be deemed a “moderate” by the corporate media because he doesn’t torture enough people in his concentration camps.

2 Likes

“Is there still a role for a centrist who believes in getting things done through compromise, collegiality, and bipartisanship?”

Yes, but what does that have to do with you? Rolling over and playing dead is not compromise. It is abject defeat.

And not only progressives are against her, but actual centrists as well. She has gone so far on the dark side that seeing the light would blind her.

7 Likes

Begone Susan Collins, you are an evil spirit. Resign and join the new Repug party, the Lincoln branch allied with Rick and Steve.

2 Likes

Lisa Savage is also running. Some reason why Common Dreams follows the leads of the mainstream media in ignoring the Green Party?

2 Likes

Rolling over and playing dead is not compromise.

Ha, good one! Couldn’t agree more.

1 Like

Good point. Ms. Savage appears to be an excellent candidate.

LISA SAVAGE FOR US SENATE

“I’m Lisa Savage, teacher, organizer, and grandmother from Solon, Maine, and I’m running for US Senate to give Mainers a Senator who will work for the people, not the powerful.

“I believe we deserve a government that works for us, not the big banks, weapons manufacturers, fossil fuel giants and corporate lobbyists who are calling the shots in Washington.

“As your voice in the Senate, I’ll do what it takes to protect our children’s future and create a better world for all of us.

“I believe, as residents of the richest country in world history, we all deserve the fundamentals of a secure life, like good union jobs through a Green New Deal that will put millions to work tackling the climate crisis, a Medicare for All healthcare system that will work for everyone and stop driving sick people into bankruptcy, and quality education for all, including free public higher education without student debt.

“As a teacher in rural Maine, I work with children whose families are struggling to survive in an economy that’s thrown working people under the bus. To make things worse, we’re facing a climate crisis that’s already harming our farms, fisheries and coast. Yet with all the urgent needs we face, Congress is making things worse by giving almost 60% of our federal discretionary budget to the Pentagon for endless, unwinnable wars that are making the world less safe.

“It’s time to say no to politics as usual, and join together to work for a new system that puts people, planet and peace over profit…”

That’s an introduction from her campaign website. By the way, how many times do you hear a US politician say something that should be so essential to anyone who aspires toward political office? “I’ll do what it takes to protect our children’s future…” That sums up the whole job of any true leader. But how often is it spoken by politicians?

1 Like

This Phony New England Senator is nothing more than an Enabler for the insane Dictator Wannabe in the White House.

She betrayed Women in America by voting against further investigation into the Frat Boy Misogynist Bret Kavanaugh.

Collins is obviously a Far Right Wing Republican that has contributed greatly to trying to Legitimize a disgusting Human Being who wants to Make America a Sanctuary for the Super Rich with Tax Cuts for the Wealthy and severe cuts to Social Services.

She must be defeated in 2020 she is a total disgrace to New England Humanitarian Values.

BERNIE SANDERS - 2020

1 Like

Collins: I believe her, but…
And screw the FBI investigations of Kavanagh’s acquaintances, they may unveil some truth. Pathetic