Home | About | Donate

As Tensions Soar, Turkey Warns US Bombing of Syria Could Set Entire Middle East 'on Fire'

As Tensions Soar, Turkey Warns US Bombing of Syria Could Set Entire Middle East 'on Fire'

Jake Johnson, staff writer

As fears of a possible direct conflict between Russia and the United States mounted after U.S. President Donald Trump warned Moscow to "get ready" for missiles that "will be coming" at Syria in a series of tweets, Turkish Defense Minister Nurettin Canikli said in an interview Wednesday morning that a clash between the two nuclear powers in Syria could have devastating consequences across the Middle East.

Good to see congresional leaders stepping forward and calling for no action without approval. Citing an impeachable offense should he ignore Congress, leaders on both sides of the aisle are poised to re-institute the power to declare war a provenance of Congress only.
Not that it would make much difference.
Deep State is pushing the buttons here. And they would not hesitate to ignore Trump and launch anyway, sacrificing Trump to impeachment. After all, they still have their puppet behind the curtain, Pence, to continue the quest for world domination.
I think it possible Trump is trying to find a way out. Caught between a rock and a hard place.
Putin may have to rescue him again.

My gosh! Sanity. He’s right.

Not good. Both sides of congress are the war party. They’ll use their power to declare war. Look who owns them. Look what the candidates other than Trump were saying on both sides during the least presidential election. This is a trap.

Wow. This pronouncement is actually scary.

For clear views on what is happening in Syria. https://twitter.com/Partisangirl
Reminds me painfully of the lead up to the Iraq attack. No War! Peace with Syria, Iraq, Iran, Yemen, Russia, and Palestine stop this madness!

In an interview Tuesday night ahead of Trump’s series of tweets—which insisted that poor relations between Russia and the U.S. are largely due to special counsel Robert Mueller’s collusion probe—Russian ambassador to Lebanon Alexander Zasypkin warned that any U.S. missiles fired at Syria will be “downed” along with “the sources from which the missiles were fired.”

This is what the “pro-business” democrats wanted. They wanted a nuclear war with Russia; now they have to reap what they have sown. Let’s get it on!

Bolton, Maddow, Joy Ann Reid, liberal hawks like Kagan and Clinton, rats like Kristol and the rest of the rotten US media will have none of this. We need to show “strength”, which seems to mean that we have to be monumentally stupid and ignore the history of how disastrous these conflicts have been. War profiteers will be happy though, so lots of goodies to give out to those pushing the propaganda. We are no longer a net benefit to the rest of the world, if we ever were. The rest of the world just has to deal with us, cause we got lots of weapons and are collectively stupid. We are run by sociopaths, and our institutions are hierarchical, with those at the top having next to no accountability to the public. I would leave this sinking ship if I could.

https://images.search.yahoo.com/yhs/search;_ylt=AwrgEZwbZ85aIG8AeawPxQt.;_ylu=X3oDMTByNWU4cGh1BGNvbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzYw–?p=Map+of+America%27s+military+CIA+involvement+with+other+countries+in+2018&fr=yhs-pty-pty_forms&hspart=pty&hsimp=yhs-pty_forms#id=6&iurl=http%3A%2F%2F3.bp.blogspot.com%2F-x9hicNFCoMw%2FUKllmsiKhFI%2FAAAAAAAAWA0%2FFMvon71HA0A%2Fs1600%2Fus-military-bases-2001-03.jpg&action=close

Wow! The biggest link I have ever posted. These are maps illustrating America’s involvement world wide. This is why our national debt as increased to a staggering 20 plus TRILLION dollar range.

Who has profited from this out of control spending, the military industrial complex, from bombs to bullets to tanks, planes and ships. It is a ,multi trillion dollar industry, then when they get all of those profits those corporations send their army of lobbyists into congress with lots of bribe money to influence America toward war and gargantuan military spending. Who ultimately wins those wars? Those that have gotten filthy rich off of war. Who cares about the body count cost of their influence on the national government.

See my post at the following link where I’ve linked to two investigative articles that prove te “White Helmets” (who reported this false flag chemical attack) are, in fact, funded by the U.K. and U.S.; and, are aligned and staffed by the terrorist Jihadists.

CommonDreams won’t let me post the same material more than once.

Yes. But, it’s good that Turkey is getting involved by making such a statement.

The following article (plus similar articles) has appeared on several sites, questioning whether Russia will actually respond to a U.S.-led attack; and, stating that if Russia doesn’t respond, Russia will lose all credibility. So, I hope Russia gets enough pressure on it to respond, no matter whether actual Russians are killed, or not. We should all realize that this will never end with the devastation of Syria. Ukraine/Crimea will be next; then, Iran and then on to N. Korea, Russia and China.

BREAKING: Defining Moment for Putin: Stand up to US/Israel Empire of Chaos, or Fold? – Apr 10, 2018 - Damian Martinovich - Russia-Insider

This is To Be or Not To Be Defining Moment much more for Putin and Russia, than for Syria and Assad.

Vladimir Soloviev, the host of a primetime political TV show and knows Putin personally tweets: “The situation now is quite comparable to the Cuban Missile Crisis. A nuclear war could erupt in the blink of an eye. And it’s unlikely that mankind will be able to survive it.”

Here’s another one for you. In this YouTube video of Trump talking about the recent events in Syria, Trump’s body language is analyzed by a woman who does this frequently on YouTube and seems to have some credibility.

Body Language: Syria Round Table Trump Defeated – Apr 10, 2018 – Bombard’s Body Language - YouTube

Here’s part of what she says:

"If there was ever a time to worry, it is now…His Presidency, from just…from this…is on the verge of ending; and, he knows it…He is withdrawing. He is on the run. Mentally, this man is on the run. In his mind he is defeated. We will be going to war with Syria He will not stop this, this time; cause, he is on the run. It is a sad, sad day."

I believe the response will be another meaningless airstrike.

Then again, Trump is a pretty impulsive moron, even when Stormy, Mueller, the Emoluments Clause, and a wave of Republican retirements aren’t breathing down his neck.

Of course, it’s always best to see what his advisors on Fox & friends will tell him he should tomorrow morning.

Amen on the Fox & Friends tip. That’s his presidential daily briefing.

Maybe so but there is only so many of these “meaningless” airstrikes you can do on abandoned airfields till Syria and Russia put their foot down and say enough is enough.Plus the U.S. won’t just stop at “meaningless” airstrikes, they will keep pushing and pushing till Assad and Russia is forced to retaliate. And that’s when things will get truly scary.

If any of our military commanders and service members carry out any order from Trump to hurl missiles willy-nilly into Syria, they all must be court martialed.

Amen Joan.

Get as far from Washington DC and any military installation, as you can.

Let’s hope you are right. But, there are credible analysts saying that there’s a 50/50 chance of this being the start of WWIII.

Or is it Rachel Maddow’s ‘RussiaGate Infotainment Hour?’

Huh? Point?