Home | About | Donate

As Trump Claims Power to Bomb Iran as His Whim, Anti-War Voices Say: 'Where Is Congress?' and 'Peace Begins With Us'

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/06/21/trump-claims-power-bomb-iran-his-whim-anti-war-voices-say-where-congress-and-peace

1 Like

WHERE IS CONGRESS?

Most are busy cashing their checks from the defense contractors!

22 Likes

Sarah Lazare

4 Likes

“repeated misadventures” My God, you can print that garbage?

6 Likes

Yup, same place they have been for years and years – getting their slice of the pie.

5 Likes

100% right. It’s unbelievable that even people on the left can still regard the U.S. empire as some kind of benign fool who always falls into or “stumbles” into (Chuck “Stumbles” Schumer’s latest) endless war and barbarism.

9 Likes

Congress has duties under the Constitution? Who knew? I’m trying very hard to remember when, the last time, there was bipartisan approval for some action that they took…O, ya, more money for more guns for more wars. How silly of me. So, hows all this winning workin’ out for ya? Gotta gun yet? Everyone else seems to have one, seems we’re all goin’ to war. I haven’t gotta gun, so I’ll stick my head in the sand and hide. I’m trying to be funny here cuz the whole damn thing is so sick, all of it and everyone one of them too. The crumbling of the Republic is hard on me, sorry if the jokes are flat.

8 Likes

I like how Pelosi claps like a Trained Seal. Some resistance huh?

8 Likes

Boy, I’m so glad we got a majority of Dems in the House now (Snaaark)!

7 Likes

That’s because she is a trained seal, only difference is she claps for MIC money instead of fish.

5 Likes

No trick to feed fish to a seal…

Go talk to Trump’s boss Natanyahu or members of the deep State, not Trump.

4 Likes

The best personality match I know of to the Anglo-USAmerican Empire is that of Douglas Adams’ Vogons, from Hitchhiker’s Guide. I think Vogons were modeled on USAmerican security forces, always bemoaning how unpleasant it is for them to have to torture people all the time. Their favorite mode of torture being the recitation of Vogon poetry:

Oh freddled gruntbuggly,
Thy micturations are to me,
As plurdled gabbleblotchits, in midsummer morning
On a lurgid bee,
That mordiously hath blurted out,
Its earted jurtles, grumbling
Into a rancid festering confectious organ squealer.
Now the jurpling slayjid agrocrustles,
Are slurping hagrilly up the axlegrurts,
And living glupules frart and stipulate,
Like jowling meated liverslime,
Groop, I implore thee, my foonting turlingdromes,
And hooptiously drangle me,
With crinkly bindlewurdles, mashurbitries.
Or else I shall rend thee in the gobberwarts with my blurglecruncheon,
See if I don’t!

7 Likes

Chuck Schumer is a Zionist who are hell bent on destroying Iran. His orders come from Tel Aviv.

10 Likes

Outright denial of the constitution’s call for congress not the president to declare war.

4 Likes

Dinosaur or an old cougar, not a seal

Hi AlephNull:
OMG this Vogon poem is great. I found several Trump, Pompeo and Bolton descriptions in these lines
“Oh fiddled gruntbuggly " is just so Trump.
And Bolton is caught so perfectly with " Its earned jurtles grumbling,”
But who could miss Pompeo with this," a rancid festering confectious organ squealer."

3 Likes

Pelosi: It’s alright but you should tweet me first.

3 Likes

Now see, if someone read this to me, I’m like,

“wow! so tell me, what happened to the bindlewurdles!? Huh? Huh?”

I’m disturbed that way.

1 Like

This is why you don’t just look the other way when its YOUR GUY in office doing the same thing. You think anyone is going to take these anti-war voices seriously, while they sat in silence while the last president bombed, entered new war and even killed US civilians without due process via drone?

You lose all credibility when you play partisan politics like this. You cannot only be anti-war when the person making the war has an R after their name. No one will ever take these complaints seriously, and we are going to all suffer for it. If your only principles are seeing your tribe win in this idiotic tribalism game, you don’t get to complain.

6 Likes