Home | About | Donate

As Trump Claims Workers Support Shutdown for Border Wall, Unpaid Federal Employees Set Record Straight With 'Shutdown Stories'

As Trump Claims Workers Support Shutdown for Border Wall, Unpaid Federal Employees Set Record Straight With 'Shutdown Stories'

Jake Johnson, staff writer

As President Donald Trump on Christmas Day claimed without a shred of supporting evidence that "many" furloughed or unpaid federal workers support the ongoing government shutdown because they want "funding for the wall," public employees and their family members who say they have been harmed by the lapse in government funding have taken to social media to set the record straight.

Liar, Liar, Pants On Fire!

President Trump recently said he will put up any wall, just show him. The wall I would show him would look like a solar array. Think of the knowledge based economy jobs! P.S. All persons suffering from no health coverage during President Trump’s government shut down could be supporting Medicare for All. Let’s just ask President Trump for those two projects. No harm in asking.

Nothing like playing hard ball with the livelihood of others. Workers need to file a class action lawsuit against this egomaniac.

The cretin used his own money to run his presidential bid now let him use his own cash to build this racist wall.

If Trump is a degraded form of Hitler, Limbaugh is a bastardized form of Goebels.

Alternatively, you can think of Trump cum Limbaugh as Hitler plus Goebels Americanized, and of the Trump Trash as Hitler Scum without a diploma.

The parallels mount, but not in trivial ways. There won’t be book-burning displays in Trump’s America because there are no libraries in Trump’s Country, there are no books in Trumpian homes, and reading books isn’t why American children go to school. In Trump’s world, Ignorance ennobles and whitens and there is great pride in Ignorance.

How do you degrade Hitler to get Trump? You take away Hitler’s last tiny droplet of decency, which he had (reason why the British survived Dunkirk) until Goebels wiped it out.

How do you bastardize Goebels to get Limbaugh? You take away Goebel’s education (he had a PhD in Philosophy) and voila, illiterate Limbaugh. Of course, to complete the picture Goebel must grow a belly. If German beer and sausages didn’t do it, perhaps a massive diet of American Apple Pie will.

The endings will be very different, unfortunately. In the end, Hitler took himself seriously and shot himself. Trump wouldn’t do that - his feet hurt too much.

Skinny Goebels did even better. He and his wife killed their six children and then shot themselves - I don’t see fat Limbaugh capable of such a commendable act.

If the US were truly a meritocracy, Ralph Nader would be president while Twump would be cleaning toilets in a Motel 6 on the Black Horse Pike. Limbaugh would be peddling crank on the streets of Wheeling WV, and Ann Coulter would be sweating up the sheets in a Tijuana brothel.

“Limbaugh peddling crank” ? Successful drug dealers aren’t decades long drug abusers like Limbaugh is.

Nowhere did I suggest that Limbaugh would be successful. It’s certainly true that many dealers get to liking their own product too well, with predictable results.

Hello caminito del rey. I will address this post to you as your moniker is the closest to the language and region of where i now live. But it also goes out to all the “progressive” souls on this enlightening site of commondreams. And of course to the founders and staff. I have learned so much from you all over the years and remember so many who have since disappeared. I value your thoughts, comments, humour, advice, camarderie and insight. I wish you all the very best for the future and hope (mostly for the animals who have no voice) a euphoric solution to all the ills which plauge our planet. We are the minority. Let us hope the majority wake up. This is off topic. There is always time to be off topic.
Wings of a dove.

Outrageous!. This orange dude is a fuctard. He really believes the insidious shit he spews out of his piehole. These comments alone should make the American people walk on Washington,D.C… I mean in full force and demand that this ignorant orange ball of French fries get his ass kicked out on the streets. He means this nation total harm and destruction.

And the media treats reality TV star Trump as though he is real when the only thing real is the damage he is doing to the 99%.

Guardian sez:
“400,000 employees have been furloughed, including … 88 percent of Department of
Homeland Security employees …”

Hmm. So, 88 per cent of the Fatherland’s ‘security’ (sic) ministry is deemed non-essential? Interesting.

POGO posted an investigative piece on Thursday last:

Death Valley: Profit and Despair Inside California’s Largest Immigrant Detention Camp

“Three flags fly outside the Adelanto ICE Processing Center: The U.S. flag, the California state flag and the green, blue and white corporate banner of GEO Group, which operates the facility under a contract whose terms are not publicly disclosed. I visited the facility with Dunlap’s group, which was there to visit detainees.”

I keep looking at a picture of the Wall of Shame that cuts through a barren desert, dividing it. And suddenly I felt fenced in, restricted, and enraged.

We are at a loss as nobody knows what to do with this little kid ruining our lives every day. Not one leader has surfaced to take on this menace. So do we put all of our faith in Mueller or the Democrats? Or, sit and wait it out?

It’s going take all day for those pictures to go away. The three moueskesneers.

Perhaps the dems, when they take charge of the House, can introduce a bill that would whittle away at the defense budget until a shutdown was ended.

Making America “Great” Again. Really??? Maybe for the 1%. Everyone else is getting a golden shower. The bottom half are getting solid excrement dumped on their heads as well.

Love your creative word-pictures!

Trump better hope those 800,000 federal employees don’t put on yellow vests and march on DC.