Home | About | Donate

As Trump Plans to Name SCOTUS Nominee This Week, 62% of Americans Oppose Plan to Confirm Ginsburg's Successor Before Election

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/09/21/trump-plans-name-scotus-nominee-week-62-americans-oppose-plan-confirm-ginsburgs

“We should act quickly because we’re going to have probably election things involved here, you know, because of the fake ballots that they’ll be sending out.”

Trump is the projection king, and can’t keep a dirty secret his party or administration are doing. I would highly suggest, if you’re planning on voting by mail, look your ballot over very well, bring up a sample of your states ballot on-line to ensure you are using the correct and official ballot, before you mail it in.

1 Like

Since when does trump care about what most Americans want: he never has and never will. He only cares about himself and what benefits him financially and pumps up his fragile ego.

And what to do if someone receives a fake?

1 Like

Once again, it doesn’t matter whether Trump and McConnell put another fascist on the court before or after Election Day, they are going to it. Probably better for the democrats that they do it before, as it will serve as the biggest election season rallying cry since the signing of the civil rights act. It will anger their base and motivate them to come out in record numbers.
The bottom line is that, the sooner this civil war gets started, the better. There is no need to pussyfoot around any more. 2021 will be one of the worst in American history. The nation will be reeling from the disaster that was the Trump administration. Covid will be running hot, the economy will be cold, and the Supreme Court will outlaw abortion, the ACA, Medicare, marriage equality, and maybe Islam too.
Make no mistake America, there will be another nazi on the SCOTUS by January 20th. That is a foregone conclusion. Best to start planning now on what to do about it, and the America it may destroy.

1 Like

The GOP knows that confirming after the election will give many GOP Congresscritters cover so they can win the election and confirm between November 4 and January 31 while the GOP is still in power.

So you are saying that GOP congress would turn their own position on appointments upside down and we should let them.
Sorry, but if this isn’t enough to get us all out in the streets, just hang it up, it’s over for the rest of my short lifetime, and many others.

If 38% of Americans are even more indifferent than the Kavanaugh insertion, fuck America and it’s pretend democracy.

If you want a better chance for your vote to count, I would vote in person.

You can take your mail-in ballot to an available polling station. Less exposure for contracting the virus. (In CA, it might be different in another state.)

1 Like

And I’m assuming they will exchange the fraudulent ballot for a official one?